Park report 3-5-23 plus map offer

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Folks, I have park maps, if anyone would like a set. Simply send me a direct message with your preferred mailing address. Domestic is preferred but I will make exceptions when a compelling case is made ;-).

It was cold this morning and later it rained a bit. Despite that, there were more people than expected at the park gates when I arrived at 7:15.

I’d planned to rope-drop M&MRR this morning. I’ve only been on it once and it certainly bears repeating. But at about 7:50, a CM approached the rope and explained that it wouldn’t be open at 8:00. So I ended up heading to FL. The line for PP was, of course, prohibitively long. So I did Mr. Toad and Dumbo instead. Then I made my way to Buzz… which was also closed :-(. I rode POTC and afterwards joined the HM queue. But then I checked the app and Buzz was open, so I rushed back there.

One of the things I enjoy about Buzz is that I can do it several times in a row shortly after the park opens. Usually at least four. But today crowds built quickly after its late open and I only got to do it three times in the early morning and once more a little later. What’s interesting is that today and last Sunday, a rival emerged for the leader board. He had first place at around 1.9M this morning. But I beat that on my second ride with 2,021,000. I checked the board later and he’d beat me by a few thousand points. And since lines were so long, I didn’t want to invest the time to try to reclaim the title. Next Sunday, however, things will be different: I’ll do it early several times and try to grab a virtually unbeatable score before lines get too crazy. As many of you know, the challenge with Buzz is not merely getting a high score. Two things that make that difficult are that scores on cruisers don’t display above 1M (they merely show 999999). So you have to try to keep track of it in your head. The second and more vexing problem is that when you exceed about 2,907,000, your score resets and you lose everything. It happened to me last Sunday: I beat the high score by about 100,000. But since I went over 2,097,000, I lost those points and was only credited with about 50,000. That’s always maddening. Anyway, he beat me both today and last Sunday. But again, I mean to change that next week and make him sorry he ever saw me. Or at least my name on the leader board ;-). We’ve yet to meet. If we do, perhaps I’ll challenge him to pistols at dawn. Or, more likely, blaster on Buzz.

I saw two fantastic homemade backpacks today, complete with lights and scrolling text (pic below). I spoke with the people who made them and they said they were relatively fast and easy to assemble. I suspect that they’re engineers or something of the sort. My skills in that area are limited ;-).

Given that it was so chilly and (slightly) wet (and I was crabby for other reasons), I decided to come home early to snooze, have some tea (my one vice) and work on a script I’m writing. That’s what I’m in the midst of now. The tea and writing, that is. Not the napping ;-).

Park pics. These are all I have today. Again, I was a bit crabby and it was chilly and slightly misty.
CCD0C04C-E6EC-4958-B0B0-AFA8888275C3.jpeg1419FC30-4772-431F-83C1-90070EE4F8E1.jpeg7E7244C4-E962-4CA6-AE21-B5818911EACC.jpeg01695ACA-7931-4DBC-A9D1-395775BC1247.jpeg76B710A9-0058-471E-969C-DD9EEE7CCAD2.jpeg

It’s hard to tell from these pics, but inside both of these backpacks are various lights. The one on the right looks old and beat up. But that’s the way it was made: to look used and abused. The one on the left also has scrolling green text along the bottom.
67883112-52FF-45F1-8E55-6821073CBE48.jpeg390202DE-FC5E-4670-9145-0B0ABB08B3C1.jpeg

Last edited:
Love the pictures and your day at the park report. Wow, those backpacks are amazing. I'll be staying tuned to see how the challenge with Buzz goes, we'll be cheering for you.

Just wanted to mention that I look forward to your reports each Monday. Thank you for taking the time to do it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter