Park reopening for Resort Guests

Papers or health code? That doesn't sound good to me, I really don't like the idea of having to carry "papers". Sounds like a communist country to me. JMHO
I’m 2nd generation off that boat. Had relatives that couldn’t get out of the ‘old country’.

Hold the all the current personal freedoms here dearly but value my life and that of my family more YMMV. It up to the politicos

Other countries have heath code QR thing. As long as testing is available to all, don’t see a problem with it being a temporary thing.

From an economic stand point for Disney, starting their opening for resort guests is smarter than AP holder. They will be getting gate ticket money, food and more souvenir purchases out of resort guest vs. annual passholders that have already paid for their tickets to get in and tend to know the tricks and money saving secrets when going to the park. The staff costs to run the parks wouldn’t be worth opening if it was only AP holders, they would only get food costs and maybe parking depending on the pass. Economically it would probably be cheaper to stay closed.

So what happens if you fail a temperature check?
You go have a coronavirus test done? Will it be on property or will you have to go offsite for testing?
What if you test positive? Will they eject you from property or quarantine you on-site for 2 weeks? At whose cost? Will they want to quarantine the entire party if one is positive?
Will you even be able to fly home if you have no place to stay?

Too many questions that need to be resolved. I don't think they are going to open the parks anytime in the next few months.
Disney isn’t paying me the big bucks to sort out those questions, which are all very good ones btw.

One thing they aren’t short on is ability to control a crowd & planning. I’d expect they’d have all details in place initially, with contingency ones to modify as things progress.

Offhand though will venture, if you fail the temperature test, you are removed from their property and likely given instructions/suggestions on how you should proceed. Assume that portion of it will be developed by the task force & state.

I do think the airlines should require temps taking & masks for the near future.

From an economic stand point for Disney, starting their opening for resort guests is smarter than AP holder. They will be getting gate ticket money, food and more souvenir purchases out of resort guest vs. annual passholders that have already paid for their tickets to get in and tend to know the tricks and money saving secrets when going to the park. The staff costs to run the parks wouldn’t be worth opening if it was only AP holders, they would only get food costs and maybe parking depending on the pass. Economically it would probably be cheaper to stay closed.
If Disney feels that they have to reduce park capacity for an extended time and needs to increase average ticket revenue per day to approach park profitability, the current annual pass, discounted longer term tickets for foreign visitors and incremental cost of increasing days may be up for very significant changes..

Of course I have also looked at if a per hour ticket system would be practical. basically the clock starts when you enter the park by MB and you scan out as you leave. I am thinking this would be in the $10/hr area based on historic attendance but could be $25/hr if they need to drop to say 25 to 40% of histrionic attendance

I would think that opening the parks to resort guests first would be an easier way to control the amount of guests to have access. If you open the parks to AP only, even FL AP only, I would think there would be a herd of people trying to get into the parks, since surely there are more Florida resident AP’s than they will want in a “soft reopen”

Obviously, day tickets mean more revenue/guest/day
but, FL residents AP monthly payments are suspended, and the current 2-month closure means Disney has lost 1/6 of their AP ticket revenue this year (via refund and/or postponing expiration dates). I imagine management is very enthusiastic to realize both revenue streams.

I would think that opening the parks to resort guests first would be an easier way to control the amount of guests to have access. If you open the parks to AP only, even FL AP only, I would think there would be a herd of people trying to get into the parks, since surely there are more Florida resident AP’s than they will want in a “soft reopen”

The longer they keep out AP holders, the more money they have to refund, or have to extend,

So, I can see that being the first step.

Disney is pretty much a cash cow, it takes in money from everything it does. So I would think that they would go with a route that makes it easier to control their soft opening

The virus is everywhere, if you travel by car in a self contained fashion there is essentially no difference than and some one that does the same on a local basis. It will really be how much fidelity guest use in social distancing the 2 weeks before visiting. Flying or other public transportation is a whole other story.
And when they come back home? It's some places more than others, some places are starting to control it. I think travel until herd immunity is established is really selfish and dumb.

Travel does add risks, my point was there is very little difference between locals and those from more distance if the travel is in effective isolation

I have at a level tracked the spread from the initial urban areas to more rural counties and those areas cased are ramping up also though testing is more limited

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter