Park Re-entry?

b52hbuff

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know how DLR will handle park re-entry for park hoppers and one day tickets?

My understanding is that park occupancy will determine whether guests are allowed to use the park hopping "feature" of their park hopper tickets. I didn't like the idea that there was no guarantee that the park hopper could actually be used, so we got single day tickets...

So what happens if we enter the park on a single day ticket and then leave the park after 1PM, and then some park hopper "takes our spot"? Is there a situation where park hoppers could fill up available capacity and prevent one day ticket holders from being allowed re-entry?

Thanks!

Does anyone know how DLR will handle park re-entry for park hoppers and one day tickets?

My understanding is that park occupancy will determine whether guests are allowed to use the park hopping "feature" of their park hopper tickets. I didn't like the idea that there was no guarantee that the park hopper could actually be used, so we got single day tickets...

So what happens if we enter the park on a single day ticket and then leave the park after 1PM, and then some park hopper "takes our spot"? Is there a situation where park hoppers could fill up available capacity and prevent one day ticket holders from being allowed re-entry?

Thanks!

I believe Disney has accounted for people shuffling between parks when determining how many of each kind of reservations to allow on each day. Because most people who have park hoppers will park hop (they are significantly more expensive than single park tickets, so it is my assumption the majority of people won’t waste them), it will likely be a pretty even shuffle between the parks after 1pm and won’t result in too many more people entering one park over the other.

ETA: Disney knows exactly how many people will be entering the parks each day. They likely will not overbook reservations, because the number of people holding reservations on a certain day should never exceed the capacity they are allowed to have in the parks. So based on these assumptions, there should always be space for anyone with with reservation to enter the parks.

As long as you have a ticket and reservsation you shouldnt have a problem leaving the park and getting back in. I did the same as you and got one day per park tickets. Didnt like the restriction on hopping and didnt feel the price was worth it this time. First time Ive ever not had park hoppers so it will be weird for me but we will make it work and have a great time.

How was a capacity day handled before? Did they stop people from re-entering when the park hit capacity mid day?

I know at WDW you are guaranteed entry to the park you make your primary reservations at. Even after park hopping time, you are allowed back into the park you have primary reservations at. I’m guessing Disneyland would be the same since they are counting you towards capacity for the park you start your day at.

How was a capacity day handled before? Did they stop people from re-entering when the park hit capacity mid day?
Yes. Generally, it would hit capacity about 1-2pm. Then after the first parade got out, people would head out and gates would reopen.

Any update on this? We will be at Disneyland tomorrow for the first time since the reservation system has been a thing and I know we will want to take an afternoon break. Per the reservation calendar there are no reservations available for either park this weekend and I’m afraid if we leave we won’t be let back in…..

Plus I would think that people who have hoppers but not Oogie boogie tickets may all swarm to Disneyland at 6 o’clock which will increase that parks capacity again making it impossible for us to get back in.

Any update on this? We will be at Disneyland tomorrow for the first time since the reservation system has been a thing and I know we will want to take an afternoon break. Per the reservation calendar there are no reservations available for either park this weekend and I’m afraid if we leave we won’t be let back in…..

Plus I would think that people who have hoppers but not Oogie boogie tickets may all swarm to Disneyland at 6 o’clock which will increase that parks capacity again making it impossible for us to get back in.
They’re not allowing reservations anywhere NEAR capacity closure level. Like, not even close. There is zero chance that they’re going to hit actual capacity and have to close the gates.

Thank you all!! It’s been stressing me out! I kind of figured since my reservation is at Disneyland I’m counted as being there all day regardless of whether I’m in the park or not…

I had no issues re-entering twice on Saturday. I confirmed with the CM that my reservation has me accounted as being in the park all day whether I’m there or not. I would assume the only issue with capacity limits would be if you’re hopping

What is the current PH restriction, again? Is it that you can't hop over to the other park until 1pm? I could have some wires crossed here, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter