Park Passes. Where do you buy?

PineappleSky

Earning My Ears
I was just wondering where you all get your Disneyland passes from? I am asking those specifically in the USA & Canada. While I search for my own park ticket deals, I decided to make a comparison chart of single day tickets to park hoppers from different companies. I can share it once compiled, but I'd like to know who you believe are reputable. TIA. I currently have

- Disneyland.com
- Ares Travel
- Costco
- Getawaytoday
- Undercover tourist
- Travel Best Bets
- Flight Center
- AAA

Not sure about from Canada, but when comparing prices you should know that there is no sales tax on Disneyland tickets. I have noticed that some retailers will still charge sales tax, which will make them more expensive than buying directly from Disney (or other retailers that correctly do not charge tax)

Not sure about from Canada, but when comparing prices you should know that there is no sales tax on Disneyland tickets. I have noticed that some retailers will still charge sales tax, which will make them more expensive than buying directly from Disney (or other retailers that correctly do not charge tax)
Oh I have definitely noticed this. There's one site that is like $50 + more per ticket than they would even sell on the Disneyland website itself.

We usually buy from Disney directly or from UT. No problems with either one, and I usually do UT now to save a little when they run a special. Do note that even though UT tickets are refundable, there is a “restocking” fee, which is not nominal if you have several multi-day tickets that need refunding. But it is better than Disney who just says hold onto your tickets (while they hold onto your money) until whenever you next need tickets, and they can be used as a credit towards new tickets (noting that you can’t combine the value of several tickets when buying a new ticket, and the price of the new ticket must be the same or more than the value of the old ticket). If you are only planning a once in a lifetime trip, you may want to do UT so you have the refund (less restocking fee) option.

We usually buy from Disney directly or from UT. No problems with either one, and I usually do UT now to save a little when they run a special. Do note that even though UT tickets are refundable, there is a “restocking” fee, which is not nominal if you have several multi-day tickets that need refunding. But it is better than Disney who just says hold onto your tickets (while they hold onto your money) until whenever you next need tickets, and they can be used as a credit towards new tickets (noting that you can’t combine the value of several tickets when buying a new ticket, and the price of the new ticket must be the same or more than the value of the old ticket). If you are only planning a once in a lifetime trip, you may want to do UT so you have the refund (less restocking fee) option.
Thank you so much for this information. We are leaning towards UT at this time anyhow but its always good to keep options open.

I always book through Costco for the gift card. It's easy after booking that everything is in one place and through the Disneyland website without having to do anything extra yourself. Comparing prices, the gift card always "saves" us more than it would getting tickets and hotel separately. If you're not doing a package, I don't think Costco is the way to go but if you are, the gift card is a huge perk. We are getting a $240 Disney GC for our 6 night stay at the DLH Villas and a $160 DGC for our 4 night stay at The Anaheim Hotel.

If you are just looking for tickets and have a Target card, Target carries Disneyland tickets online and you can get the 5% off with a Target card!

I just bought tickets on Target. The 5% with the red card helps. Sometimes they have other red circle offers.

I just bought 5 day park hoppers from Undercover Tourist, I priced UT, Getaway Today, Ares and standard Disney Prices since they are all ones I have used in the past and have worked great. Undercover Tourist was the best price as of last week. Could certainly be different today but they had adult tickets at kids prices last week.

I was just wondering where you all get your Disneyland passes from? I am asking those specifically in the USA & Canada. While I search for my own park ticket deals, I decided to make a comparison chart of single day tickets to park hoppers from different companies. I can share it once compiled, but I'd like to know who you believe are reputable. TIA. I currently have

- Disneyland.com
- Ares Travel
- Costco
- Getawaytoday
- Undercover tourist
- Travel Best Bets
- Flight Center
- AAA

I'm from Canada and have used:
UT
aRes Travel
attractiontickets (UK site with .com at the end)
Airmiles using rewards

On our upcoming trip we are using 4 day comp tickets due to an issue from an off site purchase. I don’t think they offer vouchers anymore, but the one time we bought vouchers to pick up it was covid. Then, I had to buy new tickets when we finally got to go on the trip due to DL reservations. I will always buy direct from Disney now. I didn’t save the $50 per ticket or whatever. I’d bought 5 day hoppers with genie (or whatever it was called then probably maxpass). They gave us one park per day comp tickets. Which is fine, it no longer makes sense for our family to have parkhoppers. The fight I had it put up just to get these was ridiculous. And if they hadn’t it would have been our last Disney trip ever. I was told to go home and write to the ticket office. No thanks, I flew 2000 miles to get here so you can find me a lead.

Always buy discounted DLR tickets. GetAwayToday has ~5% discounted tickets. Buying straight from Disneyland.com with Disney Gift Cards you've purchased at a discount is another good option (5% from Target at a minimum, mixed with other deals like Costco's 10% off $500, etc.).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter