Park Music - Emotional Response?

superdisneydork

Mouseketeer
Does anybody else feel a really strong response to the park/ride music?

I'm not sure what it is, but most of the park music or ride music makes me feel this weird sort of nostalgic... pride? Not sure how to describe it. Am I the only one?

Some of the best examples include:
  • Soarin' soundtrack, it's just so uplifting, it makes me really happy and excited and just feels triumphant.
  • I'm currently listening to the ride audio for Mission: SPACE right now, it's making me anxious, and excited and I feel my heartrate rocketing up, but in a good way.
  • The Illuminations and Wishes soundtrack make me kind of a mush, and very serene and happy.
  • I can't listen to MSEP anymore at work, I apparently start humming along!
  • The Epcot park music in particular gives me a very heavy feeling, it's happy, but somber, I think it's because I miss the park so much.

I am listening to all this and more in anticipation of my next trip this September, I can't wait!

Does anyone else have this kind of reaction? I mean specifically to the park music and/or ride music/audio/what have you. My friends think I'm a little nutty...

I have to give credit to the composers who make this music, no other music has ever had such a profound impact on me, and it's just amazing the emotional response they're able to invoke.

Matt

Yes! The song from Soarin' for sure. And various fireworks songs like "Believe... There's Magic in the Stars" and "Remember... Dreams Come True".

Music is kind of a secret ingredient at the parks. Certainly every knows it's there, but I think most are unaware of how much it contributes to the overall atmosphere.
There aren't many places on property where you don't hear music. :earsboy:

yes the castle theme melody and the illuminations music from Epcot kill me. even though I've never been to DCA the world of color soundtrack has the same effect on me. as you said, kudos to the composers for such brilliant masterpieces.

The opening show at MK. I try to hide the tears when I see the show. I think maybe I have such a strong reaction to that show because when I hear it (live), I know that my Disney vacation has officially begun and I know what a fun-filled magical week lies ahead. Especially when they "it's pure magic wrapped up in pixie dust, welcome to a place where dreams come true". And when the train arrives with all the characters. I'm afraid if someone sees me cry they will think I'm weird! Also the very opening of MSEP, it's like I totally forget that I'm 29 and not 5, the rest of the world just disappears and I'm tuned into that electro-synthomagnetic musical sound.

Yes, I have parts of the Boo To You parade and I tear up, cuz I dont know if I will ever be able to see it again.
When you Wish Upon a Star gets me every single time.
I get emotional when I listen to the American Experience too.

Does anyone else have this kind of reaction? I mean specifically to the park music and/or ride music/audio/what have you. My friends think I'm a little nutty...

You aren't nutty. For me, it is...

• The EPCOT music when you walk in the gate

Illuminations

Soarin' (Especially at the end)

The soundtrack to the old Canada movie in world showcase

The "One Little Spark" song on Figment

The theme song at The Carousel of Progress

For me, when you walk into EPCOT and past Spaceship Earth and hear the music and see the fountains, I'm like...I'm home! :thumbsup2

On the other hand, I think my hubby still has nightmares about the music from The Electric Light Parade. :rotfl2:

The opening show at MK. I try to hide the tears when I see the show. I think maybe I have such a strong reaction to that show because when I hear it (live), I know that my Disney vacation has officially begun and I know what a fun-filled magical week lies ahead. Especially when they "it's pure magic wrapped up in pixie dust, welcome to a place where dreams come true". And when the train arrives with all the characters. I'm afraid if someone sees me cry they will think I'm weird! Also the very opening of MSEP, it's like I totally forget that I'm 29 and not 5, the rest of the world just disappears and I'm tuned into that electro-synthomagnetic musical sound.

Yes, yes yes! That is exactly how I feel too...and I am a 35yo guy!! It is just such a special moment and it encompasses everything I love about the MK. I got a little emotional just reading your post.

As for great park music...The Main Street...Electrical...Parade! One of my faves!

Oh, and Grim Grinning Ghosts of course!

The Illuminations soundtrack is just amazing! Epcot Futureworld music gives me chills, especially the loop they used to play on my very first trip in 2004.

I love the music in Future World! I feel like I'm home whenever I hear it. On another note, I found the SpectroMagic soundtrack on Amazon MP3; I always loved that parade and whenever I saw it, I had to hold back the tears.

I have the Four Parks One World soundtrack on my iPod and listen to it whenever I need my Disney fix. I love all the Epcot and MK music, especially the "Welcome to Tomorrowland" theme and the theme from Soarin'. Gives me chills! Listening to "Old Betsy" makes me feel like I'm in line at Thunder Mountain. And I get a little choked up when I hear "Golden Dream" from the American Adventure. :blush:

When I am going on a Disney trip, I have a tradition where I start playing the Soarin' music the moment I get on the interstate to head to the airport. It makes me feel like I'm halfway there!

Wishes always makes me tear up. Not sure why. Makes me emotional every time.

Fantasmic! is one of my favorite soundtracks by far! It's uplifting, and makes me smile so big :)

Soarin' is very nice as well. If you close your eyes, you can almost smell the pine trees...

Space Tunnel (Space Mountain) always puts a smile on my face. Brings back memories of standing in queue getting ready to take off... Very serene.

My favorite souvenir I've ever purchased at Disney would have to be my Four Parks: One World CD! It has many of the songs from the attractions and shows on there, and I listen to it all the time! My two favorites are probably the entrance music to Epcot and the CTX theme from AK's Dinosaur.

I used to love the all old universe of energy music but I still enjoy the music of the journey of imagination. I:headache: prefer the old Epcot music to the new one

My favorite souvenir I've ever purchased at Disney would have to be my Four Parks: One World CD! It has many of the songs from the attractions and shows on there, and I listen to it all the time! My two favorites are probably the entrance music to Epcot and the CTX theme from AK's Dinosaur.

I have this and love it, but I wish it were more complete. It doesn't have Space mountain and some other key songs. Also I'd like the original Tiki Room, not the now-defunct refurb. Anyone have any recommendations for more complete park music?

The music at "The Festival of The Lion King"...let's just say I'm glad everyone was so focused on the show and it's kinda dark so hopefully no one noticed my tears. :rolleyes1 It's been awhile since I've been, but I know that makes me very emotional!

My fellow Marines are ready for me to go on leave...because of the amount of Disney music I listen to. August 23!!!!.

My fellow Marines are ready for me to go on leave...because of the amount of Disney music I listen to. August 23!!!!.

That's awesome. Who knew you could be in the marines AND the Mouse Army:earsboy::thumbsup2

Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight...

And I'm in tears, EVERY time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter