• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park map offer (DL and DCA) + brief report

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Brief park report. And this time I really mean it ;-).

Rope-dropped Mr. Toad and then rode Dumbo. At the rope, we met a nice young couple who’d just gotten married at the DL Hotel! In addition, they had five days at the parks. They were having a wonderful time.

Although the three main Fantasyland dark rides have been closed recently, Alice and Mr. Toad were both open. I understand that they’ll close again soon.

It was a largely uneventful day. Buzz was being as obstinate as it was last weekend: guns wouldn’t work, targets didn’t score and/or other things simply went wrong. Ordinarily I break 1M about 39 games out of 40. On Sunday, however, there were two games in a row in which I didn’t break six digits… and one in which I barely broke 500,000. Very frustrating. After six games, I decided to cut my losses (and spare myself further aggravation) and went to POTC. Incidentally, “NAP” was there and scored 2,060,000 early, so I know it was possible to do well.

My brother sent me on merch mission to score the Goofy sippy cup pictured below. He has friends that visit DW 2-3 times a year and it was sold out on their last visit (or they couldn’t get it online – one of the two). In any event, I found it in Toontown. But since it’s considered a food item (or because it was sold at a kiosk), they weren’t able to ship it for me. All told, it came to $26 ($19 for the cup, $7 to ship it from the USPS). It’s fun, occasionally, to find things for friends. There’s the thrill of finding something relatively rare and the knowledge that the friend will be pleased.

I have sets of park maps, if anyone would like one. As always, simply send me a DM (click on “Start Conversation”) and I’ll drop one in the mail for you.

I was still in a relatively low mood on Sunday and didn’t take many pics as a result. Here are the few that I snapped, though.

D53A7920-D51E-4BA3-B984-C187070C0583.jpeg47F5A4E2-956F-466E-9D11-930DBA9A2463.jpeg67C2EAE0-0CE6-4479-A95E-224671473F37.jpeg04D136F6-91B1-45E2-ACC1-093B8551FD28.jpeg4AF298E3-71B8-4183-A321-36241D946C73.jpeg6B6961C6-D728-464D-8A9D-759D874A3E22.jpeg8993D4CC-B54B-4472-9EA4-26D35E27D5A7.jpegF3B9A887-6209-4053-818C-732DD7E37EEB.jpeg
66C5B9DA-7ABB-4163-A502-0D7C793BB03E.jpeg

That sippy cup is so cute! I'm so glad you were able to find it for your brother! At least one of the two searches paid off! Thanks again for looking for the backpack for me. I really appreciate it a lot. I'm sorry you had a down day. Hopefully you're feeling better. Do you ever go to the parks on any days other than Sundays?

Thanks again for looking for the backpack for me.
You're welcome. I'm often happy to take a look to see if merch is available in the park. Since I rarely buy any for myself, it's fun to be on a merch mission :-).
I'm sorry you had a down day. Hopefully you're feeling better. Do you ever go to the parks on any days other than Sundays?
Thanks. I suspect that next weekend will be better. I plan to switch things up a bit. Rather than FL, perhaps I'll rope-drop Indiana Jones or ROTR. I don't often go on that. Might be worthwhile to RD it, though, which I've only done once before. Even though we were the first from our rope cohort to reach the line, there were easily 100 people already ahead of us. I presume they were early entry folks who entered from the back of Fantasyland.

In the pre-COVID days, I'd usually go to the park one weekday per month. That was usually a weekday. But it's been a while since a mid-week visit. I kind of like looking forward to Sundays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter