Park Hopping with a Cast Member Main Entrance Guest Pass

Beeej

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if someone has experience with this.

My sister has just started as a cast member on the International Program. I’m visiting her with 2 friends in February 2018, and she says she’ll be able to get all 3 of us into the park each day for free. She works in Epcot and won’t ever start until 11am, so letting us in each morning won’t be a problem.

Once she’s let us in, will we be able to park hop? And will we be able to leave the park and re-enter? It also seems that officially cast members have to stay with ‘non family’ guests all day in the parks. As I am family, is she fine to leave me in the park and go to work?

My sister seems very unsure about what the policy is, and says she’ll see what everyone else does! However, I am quite keen to find out asap, as there are some very good package deals currently available on the UK Disney site. If it turns out we can’t use her entrance pass to get in for free, it would definitely be cheaper to book direct (and to book as soon as possible)

Your sister should read the complimentary admissions module on the hub.

You can park hop without her and she's allowed to leave you alone since you're immediate family.

I think international program cast receive the "one day park hopper guest tickets" like CPs and Seasonal cast, which work differently than a FT/PT CM's maingate and have to be earned in sets based on hours worked.

If she has a regular Main Entrance Pass, you are fine, just as is described above, because you meet the rule for immediate family. However, your other 2 friends are supposed to stay with the CM or you. She needs to read the rules on the Hub.

Thanks for the advice, she screenshotted the rules on the hub for me. As you say, we're fine to park hop and she can leave us unaccompanied as long as I stay with the other guests.

Could you send that screenshot to me? I am meeting up with some friends at WDW and their uncle is getting them into the park and I don’t know what kind of pass he has. I saw the blackout dates so now I’m worried because I wanted to go to Toy Story Land with them. Also I wanted to book fastpasses together. I don’t know him either.

Also their uncle told them they can only go to one park per day which I thought was weird. Maybe he doesn’t access “The Hub”

Could you send that screenshot to me? I am meeting up with some friends at WDW and their uncle is getting them into the park and I don’t know what kind of pass he has. I saw the blackout dates so now I’m worried because I wanted to go to Toy Story Land with them. Also I wanted to book fastpasses together. I don’t know him either.
If he's giving them the Guest Passes, nephews and nieces are considered family, so can enter a 2nd park without the cm.

If he's giving them 2 of his complimentary tickets, those are also usually parkhoppers, so I don't know why they wouldn't be able to enter a 2nd park. The complimentary tickets usually don't have blackout dates.

You can see the Front Gate and Guest Pass rules here without a Hub ID: https://disneyretiree.com/admission/admission-to-disney-theme-parks-with-your-guests/. The rules are the same for retirees and current cm's.

You can see the blackout dates here: https://blockoutdates.disney.com/en/home

I'm pretty sure Guest Pass FP+ can only be booked on the cm's MDE account. They can only be booked 7 days in advance. I'm not a FP+ expert, but I think he could add you as a Friend on his account and book the FP+ together, but again only 7 days out.

Last edited:

They can only be booked 7 days in advance. I'm not a FP+ expert, but I think he could add you as a Friend on his account and book the FP+ together, but again only 7 days out.
If the CM adds @Teachlovemickey to his MDX account and if Teachlovemickey links a regular ticket to his Profile, the CM can then book FPs 30 days out based on that linked regular ticket.

If @Teachlovemickey has a linked onsite reservation, he opens the 60-day FP window for everyone who is grouped with him for a FP.

But, if it’s CM comp tickets that are being provided to the 2 friends, the above windows apply without needing the CM’s MDX account and they aren’t blocked out anywhere.

Technically the CM needs to be with non family the whole time. And if it's their main gate they should be able to park hop. Don't see why you can't unless the park has CM blackout dates.

I used to let non family in all the time and leave them in the park by themselves. I wouldn't leave my guest passes with them, but I didn't my parents and they were able to park hop when they were there. I didn't his for years when I was a CM.

As long as those guests don't cause a problem then they should be fine. And please tell your family/friends not to say that you are a CM if there is an issue or try to get something, i.e fast pass, at an attraction. We hated that as working CMs, we don't care and we were not helpful to them at all. Especially working at very busy attractions.

Technically the CM needs to be with non family the whole time. And if it's their main gate they should be able to park hop. Don't see why you can't unless the park has CM blackout dates.
I remember hearing that, too, but I think that rule was changed when they expanded family to include nephews, nieces, etc. The site says the friends need to be with either the cm or a family member.

I saw an article about buses that transport from inside one park to inside another if you pay a fee. Would this work with the guess passes if you were immediate family?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter