Park Hopping and ADRs

SandyinMonterey

DIS Veteran
I know you need park passes and park reservations and that park hopping starts at 2 p.m. Is that effecting ADR's? Example: If we were at MK from morning to most of day and have an ADR in Epcot at 5 p.m., can we get in if Epcot has reached capacity? Will I have to pay the cancellation fee?

No one has been turned away from park hopping but IF you were the cancellation fee would be waived.
While we would hope Disney would waive the fee, this has not been officially announced by Disney and since a park has never reached capacity for hopping, we don't have a base line to go by.

WDW suggests guests add their party to the walk-up lists after hopping over. So far hopping hasn't hit capacity but if it did interfere with our ADR, I'd call the dining hotline and try to move it to a different day or possibly even a different restaurant same day. Keep in mind that call probably costs 20+ minutes of your vacation time, lol :)

----
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/park-hopper/How It Works
Guests who purchased a ticket or annual pass with the Park Hopper benefits will be able to visit more than one park per day, with some new modifications as part of our ongoing focus on health and safety. These modifications are designed to help us continue managing attendance in a way that fosters physical distancing.
  • We will set specific Park Hopper hours during which this option are available. Park Hopper hours will start at 2 PM each day and end at the park’s scheduled close time. Guests are now able to check the Park Hours calendar and the My Disney Experience app for the most up-to-date Park Hopper hours, as they could start earlier at a later date, depending on the day and park.
  • With the updated Park Hopper experience, Guests must make a Disney Park Pass reservation for the first park they plan to visit AND enter that first park prior to visiting another. At this time, a park reservation is not required after the first park, however, reservation requirements are subject to change.
  • Reservations for dining experiences, Droid Depot, Savi's Workshop and other pre-booked experiences do not guarantee access to a park, and Park Hopper availability may change daily. We recommend Guests book in-park dining and other experiences at the park where they have a Disney Park Pass reservation. Guests can make dining reservations or add their party to the walk-up list at select table-service restaurants via the My Disney Experience app after they enter the second park, subject to availability.
Please note that the ability to visit another park will be subject to the park’s capacity limitations. In the event that the Park Hopper option is unavailable at a theme park, Guests will be notified in real time via a push notification from the My Disney Experience app.

While we would hope Disney would waive the fee, this has not been officially announced by Disney and since a park has never reached capacity for hopping, we don't have a base line to go by.
I am hoping that the next few weeks will provide some base line data, especially since we are coming up on a week with no park passes left at this time. I am not going until late April/early May, but I am interested in seeing how the modified park hopping works when the parks are at capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter