cheapblackdad

Earning My Ears
Alright, team, Disney World Vet here who needs some help for what for us will be an unorthodox trip.
We're a party of 8 but splitting for the day and hoping to all meet up at EPCOT that evening. My half of the crew (Boy Squad) really wants to do FoP, EE at AK, AND RotR at HS, and then hop to Epcot with the other half (Girl Squad). Day 1 is going to be MK, and Day 2 is when we would do the split crew, and try to do all of the above. We are staying off property so do not have that benefit, two day trip, in Mid May.

Two questions, broadly:

1. Buying Tickets: Is it cheapest to buy Girl Squad their 2 day 1 day a park ticket, and then separately purchase Boy Squad two separate 1 day tickets, and have one of those tickets be a Park Hopper? My understanding is if you want Park Hopper, all your tickets in the order have to be Park Hopper. So separate purchases should save me the most, correct?
  2. Itinerary: Does this make most sense:
    1. RD AK given it is furthest from HS & Epcot.
    2. Head right to FOP. Wait however long it takes
    3. Head to EE
    4. Do AK stuff until 2:00 when we can park hop to HS. (is the 2:00 thing still a thing?)
    5. Wait however long it takes to get onto RotR
    6. Gawk at a few Star Wars things
    7. Gondola over to EPCOT
We've done like 10+ trips to Disney in the past few years but this is a bit different for us. And a lot has changed since we were last there in 2020. Am I thinking about the above correct? what am I missing?

I’m not sure what ticket options would be best. Just try some different options on Disney’s site or look for deals on Undercover Tourist (site sponsor).

As far as the itinerary, I think that is all possible without any hiccups. You are at a disadvantage without options for a RotT Lightning Lane. Plus, as much as people want to get on a particular attraction (like RotR), I would never bank a day on getting on that attraction. Rides (especially RotR) go down and are not guaranteed.

The least expensive source for 1-day tickets and maybe 2-day is usually Disney, so compare prices carefully. It’s entirely possible that, depending on your dates, a 2-day hopper may actually be cheaper than a 1-day hopper plus 1-day non-hopper.

Cant answer the Ticket question as other have said price the options for a 2 day park hopper as compared to buying seperate one day tickets. I do not think there is any discount on one day tickets including undercover tourist and likely better to have the hopper 2 days in case..... Maybe switch day one and 2. So your options the lines for Rotr will be shortest first thing in the morning especially if you are staying at a Disney resort. However in the past the afternoon seems to calm down around lunch time as well. I would go to AK at rope drop go straight to FOP as you said head to EE (you should be able to ride multiple times) eat an early lunch at AK -- Flame tree comes to mind for all boys. leave AK around 1 (walking to the exit) get the bus to HS you should easily be there before 2 head to Rotr well feed and calm and wait. Getting to EPCOT is easy..... And I would stop at RR and TOT on the way out even if the girls had to wait... I am sure they can easily find a nice glass of wine to keep them happy.

Alright, team, Disney World Vet here who needs some help for what for us will be an unorthodox trip.
We're a party of 8 but splitting for the day and hoping to all meet up at EPCOT that evening. My half of the crew (Boy Squad) really wants to do FoP, EE at AK, AND RotR at HS, and then hop to Epcot with the other half (Girl Squad). Day 1 is going to be MK, and Day 2 is when we would do the split crew, and try to do all of the above. We are staying off property so do not have that benefit, two day trip, in Mid May.

Two questions, broadly:

1. Buying Tickets: Is it cheapest to buy Girl Squad their 2 day 1 day a park ticket, and then separately purchase Boy Squad two separate 1 day tickets, and have one of those tickets be a Park Hopper? My understanding is if you want Park Hopper, all your tickets in the order have to be Park Hopper. So separate purchases should save me the most, correct?
  2. Itinerary: Does this make most sense:
    1. RD AK given it is furthest from HS & Epcot.
    2. Head right to FOP. Wait however long it takes
    3. Head to EE
    4. Do AK stuff until 2:00 when we can park hop to HS. (is the 2:00 thing still a thing?)
    5. Wait however long it takes to get onto RotR
    6. Gawk at a few Star Wars things
    7. Gondola over to EPCOT
We've done like 10+ trips to Disney in the past few years but this is a bit different for us. And a lot has changed since we were last there in 2020. Am I thinking about the above correct? what am I missing?
In regards to the tickets, what you have listed is pretty accurate. Buying the Boy Squad tix as two separate 1-day tickets will most likely save you a little bit of $$$. I would recommend that you actually calculate out the Girl Squat tix as buying them 2 separate 1-day tickets as well. Depending on the days you are going, you might be able to save a couple of bucks by taking this approach.

In regards to your itinerary, I would flip the parks for day 1 and day 2 and then get a 2-day park hopper for the Boy Squad. On Day 1, if you are not able to accomplish everything you have listed, you can have the option to take a little bit of time from Day 2 to go back and do whatever you missed. As someone else mentioned, RotR is known to have a fair amount of down time. Also, if you are able to get on RotR on Day 1 and the Boy Squad absolutely loves it and wanted to go again, you would have the option to try for it again on Day 2.

If there is no down time for the rides on the day you are there, I think your plan should work just fine and would be fine with getting two separate 1-day park tickets with one of the days being a hopper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter