• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Hop?

PrincessPiperMommy

Mouseketeer
Hi again, I need advice. We are going May 17-19 and I plan to get MaxPass, but my question is should I park hop? I haven't been in a while and came for 1/2 a day the past 2 years, but didn't get to do everything I wanted. My husband is wondering if the approx 200 (for the 4 of us) is too much for park hopping, so I was hoping you experts could say if its a good idea or not.
Thanks so much!!!

It really depends on the person but for us, we would never consider not PHing.
There are times when one park is busier than the other and it's great to be able to go to the other one. It's also nice to always be able to get back to the original park.

I agree that if you have the budget to get the hoppers, I would get them. The two parks about 110 yards apart (a little more than one football field) and it's usually pretty easy/quick to go between the parks. Having hoppers allows you to treat both parks as essentially one big park. With hoppers, you also don't have to choose between DL or DCA each day. It gives you a lot of flexibility.

That being said, I do know people who have forgone the hopper and had a great trip. They concentrated on doing as much as possible in whichever park they were in. They did get park hoppers next time and said they'd do that in the future.

We never park hop! Our youngest is 3 and I think when our kids are older and won’t tire as easily we would consider it. We like to get to the park early, always use EMH and did get MaxPass for our last trip and are pretty much done after dinner (with a short afternoon break in the hotel). We usually go during high crowd times and have always had a great time and don’t feel like we’ve missed anything!

I just went to the DCA two weeks ago. I have ALWAYS had PH, but since it was only for one day and premium pricing I decided against it. We filled our day at DCA and still didn't do everything. I think there is enough at each park and with MaxPass, I might consider not getting PH in the future. The great part is you could always add them if you change your mind. Also, look at LMTClub for the lowest price for tickets.

We never park hop! Our youngest is 3 and I think when our kids are older and won’t tire as easily we would consider it. We like to get to the park early, always use EMH and did get MaxPass for our last trip and are pretty much done after dinner (with a short afternoon break in the hotel). We usually go during high crowd times and have always had a great time and don’t feel like we’ve missed anything!
Can I ask how many park days you typically allot per park?

If one does not parkhop, then 2 DL days and 1 DCA day is usually a good mix.

With parkhopping, over say a 4 day trip I would spend about 2.5 days at DL and 1.5 at DCA. It depends on time of year and available night time entertainment. Personally I would never miss World of Color at DCA. And then rising some DCA rides at night is pretty important - RSR, GOTG and IC. So two evenings at DCA.

For DL evenings, it depends on fireworks shows - which right now are not that good. And Fantasmic!

:wizard:

YES, park hoppers...… they give you flexibility! if it is crowded in one park, it is so easy to hop to the other. I can't even imagine not hopping.... I would feel caged in and be looking longingly at the gates to the other park! :crowded:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter