Park Crowds So Far

We just got back last night and crowds were picking up over last couple days. As long as you get fastpasses to the critical rides you should be fine. We waited in standby lines a few places like Buzz Lightyear, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Ariel Under the Sea, Flights of Wonder......but they weren't that big of a deal. As long as you know ahead of time that 40 minutes might be required for such a wait. (POTC)

It is really busy. Buses at Coronado are full by the 3rd stop. So many double strollers at the park. World Showcase was gridlock in spots last night. I ran over to get chinese take out to eat back in my room while I worked and it was really aggravating. Magic Kingdom was super quiet this morning though. The reduced hours due to the Christmas party scared a lot of folks away.

Animal Kingdom extra magic morning yesterday began well before 8. FYI if you want to head to Pandora, people were funneling in by the hundreds before 730.

We leave Sunday. Will report back with what is seen for crowds. Doubt these crowds will carry over to next week. Time will tell.

Yep! I was there Sat-Wed and thought it was much more crowded than when we were there 2 years ago. It was crazy. We went in July of 2016 and the crowds were much lighter than we saw this week. Didn't do LWTL because of the crazy long waits, and no FP available. Didn't do Toy Story for the same reason. We were able to ride a few of the popular rides in the morning, but crowds were crazy in the afternoons and evenings. I went into MK on Monday night to see HEA and the place was packed. I was walking from Tomorrow Land to the hub and the CM's were trying to funnel everyone out of the park through the back pass through. The way they were doing it made it seem like you weren't allowed to go back to the hub. I just ignored them and walked on through, but I'm sure people left thinking they couldn't return to the hub area. They were packed in like sardines in the street between Casey's and The Plaza. We pushed through and entered the fenced in "grassy" area in front of Casey's. It was crowded in there, but at least you had room to breathe.

I am here now and have been here since the 3rd. I have found the crowds very manageable. Granted we do early mornings and park hop or take a break when it gets busy. I have had amazing luck with 4th fast passes. I got soarin, test track, mine train and fop!! I refresh a lot and complete our fast passes early and am comfortable with a flexible afternoon plan. I say go for it! The weather is so nice too!

Yep! I was there Sat-Wed and thought it was much more crowded than when we were there 2 years ago. It was crazy. We went in July of 2016 and the crowds were much lighter than we saw this week. Didn't do LWTL because of the crazy long waits, and no FP available. Didn't do Toy Story for the same reason. We were able to ride a few of the popular rides in the morning, but crowds were crazy in the afternoons and evenings. I went into MK on Monday night to see HEA and the place was packed. I was walking from Tomorrow Land to the hub and the CM's were trying to funnel everyone out of the park through the back pass through. The way they were doing it made it seem like you weren't allowed to go back to the hub. I just ignored them and walked on through, but I'm sure people left thinking they couldn't return to the hub area. They were packed in like sardines in the street between Casey's and The Plaza. We pushed through and entered the fenced in "grassy" area in front of Casey's. It was crowded in there, but at least you had room to breathe.

I heard the CMs saying the Hub was full and they were asking people to move down Main Street for viewing.

Last edited:
I am here now and have been here since the 3rd. I have found the crowds very manageable. Granted we do early mornings and park hop or take a break when it gets busy. I have had amazing luck with 4th fast passes. I got soarin, test track, mine train and fop!! I refresh a lot and complete our fast passes early and am comfortable with a flexible afternoon plan. I say go for it! The weather is so nice too!

I wasn't able to get a 4th fp for Soarin (had FP+ for it but wanted to ride twice) either on Monday or yesterday (Thurs). Never got on SDMT either, but other than that and BTM we rode everything we wanted to, just with longer waits.

At AK this morning for rope drop. Rode Safari first thing with a 5 minute wait (were held at the Africa entrance until 9). It was 45 minutes when we got off around 930

We were there Friday and today (Saturday). Friday was very manageable, especially from 7-8!!!! We were at MK by 6:40 and the castle was still lit! Our plan was to get the smaller rides out of the way. We rode so much and then walked right on to HM at 8 and continued to walk on all the rides in Adventureland and Frontierland up until our 9:45 FP for Seven Dwarves. Crowds increased but def the party kept people away. Today was a different story. 8-10ish was ok. We left by 1 and crowds were thick. Returned around 5:45 and it was busy but still manageable! We did the dessert party and I basically had a panic attack as the CM was leading us to the garden. People gridlock!!! Never been in a situation like that before. After HEA was over we luckily got into the hub and back up to fantasyland but the crowds exiting the park looked insane! I will say that last years crowds seemed heavier during this Jersey Week. I think the difference could have been the tapings.

We were there Friday and today (Saturday). Friday was very manageable, especially from 7-8!!!! We were at MK by 6:40 and the castle was still lit! Our plan was to get the smaller rides out of the way. We rode so much and then walked right on to HM at 8 and continued to walk on all the rides in Adventureland and Frontierland up until our 9:45 FP for Seven Dwarves. Crowds increased but def the party kept people away. Today was a different story. 8-10ish was ok. We left by 1 and crowds were thick. Returned around 5:45 and it was busy but still manageable! We did the dessert party and I basically had a panic attack as the CM was leading us to the garden. People gridlock!!! Never been in a situation like that before. After HEA was over we luckily got into the hub and back up to fantasyland but the crowds exiting the park looked insane! I will say that last years crowds seemed heavier during this Jersey Week. I think the difference could have been the tapings.

I was at MK for 7am emh Friday and also last night after 8pm. Last night was awful and I expected it to be. Right before the fireworks last night, 7 dwarfs was 170 minutes. It was a walk-on Friday pretty much all morning. I watched HEA by enchanted tales because I couldn’t deal with all those people.

Trying to get into the park was impossibly difficult. By the plaza, they had the bypass open. They were channeling people out that way but they also had the hub closed and forced everyone entering the park to go towards tomorrowland terrace. CMs began yelling do not stop! But the traffic flow in front of those of us trying to cross the path couldn’t get thru because people leaving kept walking (understandable). It was horrible. You’d take a step, get wedged in, get another step, stroller grid lock, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter