Park, crowd and pin report from Friday and yesterday (Sun) + pics

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Crowds were in line with what they've been for the past several months on both Friday and Sunday. How long will this blessing last? Who knows. But I have friends that will visit in mid October and early November so I hope they can hold out till then. I also hope that there's some special AP-holder ticket deal offered around those times as well. When one group of friends (a family of three) visited in the summer of 2018, I was able to get them the AP-discounted tix on Sunday and then on Monday a CM friend got them in for free. Ended up saving them about $700.

I would have been first on PP on Friday but there was a woman ahead of me with her ten-year-old son and they ran. In that case, I didn't really care or mind. Had I been first, I would have given them my spot anyway. And yesterday some friends made it back to the park after a two-month absence. They'd been Deluxe pass-holders, had just upgraded to Flex Pass and I told them a few weeks ago that if they came to the park on Sunday, I'd give them my spot if they were nearby. They were third for PP and so I swapped with them. Also, on Friday we met a very nice couple from Madrid. It was their first time at the park and we helped them with all sorts of tips. We also asked them to follow us to PP and we'd give them our spot if they were also nearby. Unfortunately they were a little too far behind but they made fifth place or so and they were happy with that.

I'm not a pin collector but friends are coming soon and there's a specific pin they'd like that will be limited and (possibly) only available at the Oogie Boogie Bash. In pursuit of info, I was shown this sheet of pins that will be new for October:
IMG_1719.JPG

Two CMs have told me it's possible that the pins will also be sold at DCA on non-OBB days, one other told me they would not. I guess we'll find out soon. Halloween season begins this Friday!

I would have been first in the park yesterday and been able to post my customary first-in-park pic but a family of about eight ran onto MS and deprived me of that privilege :-). However, I got one on Friday -- one of the Spanish couple jumped in front of me at the last second but that was totally fine. I helped immediately to get a pic of them as the only two on MS, which they loved :-).

Around 7:45 a.m., I left the rope momentarily to visit the bathroom on the right side of Plaza Inn. As I walked towards the restaurant, I was deep in thought. Suddenly I began to hear some rustling in the bushes. Then something large and scary leapt out at me: Rafiki! I jump well into the air and had to muster the discipline not to swear (loudly). It scared me witless. A number of people laughed and when I retuned to the rope, several people I know had witnessed it and also laughed. Rightly so :-).

If anyone would like park maps, as always, please let me know :-).

OK - park pics from Friday and Sunday. Got a few neat ones.

IMG_1681.JPG

IMG_1692.JPG

IMG_1683.JPG

Not sure how she pulled this off but a woman came dressed as a unicorn on Friday.
IMG_1696.JPG

IMG_1708.JPG

IMG_1709.JPG

The shutted Haunted Mansion.
IMG_1705.JPG

The currently-being-refurbed Haunted Mansion as seen from over the fence ;-).
IMG_1724.JPG

Last edited:
Wonderful photos as always~! Hope to see you when we are there October 5-12 :)
Yes ma'am! Hope to see y'all too. By all means, come and say hello if you see me -- especially at the rope, since I'm nearly always there (to the right of the castle/hub) and it's easy to find me :-).

Great photos and thanks for posting the photos of the pins! Looking forward to hopefully seeing you in October when our family visits for Halloween time!

Confirming with a second voice/experience onesies are allowed. They're not considered costumes. Falls under bounding rules. My friend who was a WDW CM and I would always have a onesie day whenever I visited her in Florida. I'll also wear them when I want a comfy day at DLR. Not to mention my panda onesie has deeper pockets than any of my jeans so it's a win win.

I'll be very interested about whether limited edition pins are sold only during the parties this year. I'm used to hearing about WDW doing that for MNSSHP. But was always able to purchase my pins during the day for Disneyland's MHP. I could see them shifting it for OBB as it is a way to not anger later parties when everything is sold out before halfway through October, lol!

Thanks for the picture update as always! They are helping me get through this summer of no Disney (too busy at work so let my pass lapse).

Thank you for the updates!!! One day I'll get to a RD, there's nothing like an early morning at DL! We were at DLR on Saturday, my DD was on buzz late afternoon and said the guy in front of her maxed out the points. Who could it be???!!!

The unicorn lady is in a onesie, which is allowed.

The cool kids have dragon onesies to wear to Fantasmic...View attachment 432323View attachment 432324View attachment 432325
Confirming with a second voice/experience onesies are allowed. They're not considered costumes. Falls under bounding rules...
Okay, onesies gals, question here: are they hot? I'm interested (because they're seriously cute), but DH is convinced that he'll die of heat stroke. Especially since Oct. and Halloween Parties can be on the warmer side.
@Kender : Good to see you! You've been missed!

Okay, onesies gals, question here: are they hot? I'm interested (because they're seriously cute), but DH is convinced that he'll die of heat stroke. Especially since Oct. and Halloween Parties can be on the warmer side.
Yes. I only wear them when the sun goes down, over a tank top and shorts if it’s remotely warm out.

They’re super cozy to watch F! or WOC in if it’s chilly, though - no worries about getting misted!

ETA: I wouldn’t be surprised if onesies do get banned at some point. I feel like they’re a little like the Keenz - they’re kind of a loophole that Disney may close one day. Especially as more character ones, like Stitch, show up...

I still lurk almost daily; I'm addicted :cool1:. Just been a busy summer at work plus a lot of personal drama I was sadly not paid to put up with like I am at work. Going through such Disney withdrawals!

Agreeing with Skyegirl they can be quite warm. Florida (even in late February) nearly killed me one trip. It's definitely a cold weather thing/not hot sun thing. Shorts and tank are a must as also mentioned. My friend in the aforementioned hot February trip ended up taking her top half off and tying the arms around her waist so she was penguin legs, human in a tank top torso. I was keeping mine unzipped myself. They do not usually breathe well. But there are times where they are a welcome addition. Kind of like a full body cozy coat!

California definitely is a little better due to lower humidity. Florida is a death wish unless it's a cold day. But I still did it haha!

A change of clothes is definitely recommend to have as well. It might be too warm to have the onesie on and off you change your mind, shorts and a tank top might be too cold. Could also always turn a onesie into capris instead of full legs!

Fantastic photos! I didn't realize HM got a holiday up-do - I've only ever been to DW and I don't recall it having been changed for Christmas or Fall.....

We were there Sunday afternoon and evening. We wanted to see the Main Street Electrical parade, and did the Plaza parade package to get preferred viewing location. I saw your name on the leader board at Buzz, so I knew you were around somewhere. The park felt crowded on Sunday, but the lines overall were not bad at all.

Rob, how early do you usually line up to be first at PP? We managed to get to the parks right at rope drop on our past trip, so I'm hoping I can drag my kids out of bed even earlier for our Columbus Day weekend trip *evil cackles*.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter