• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

park closing time & "after hours" ADR

NashvilleMama

DIS Veteran
I've been searching and scanning pages of posts in multiple forums and can't figure this out....

MK has park closing at 6pm this Friday, and I just made a 6:35pm ADR at BOG. Do they usher people out starting at 6pm and only let you stay if you have a dining res somewhere, or when would they normally start closing things down? I'm trying to decide if this buys us some extra time in the park (we arrive that day so won't get in until about noon) or actually cuts into park time depending on when they'd make us leave without one.

I hope that made sense. Pre-trip exhaustion is setting in. :)

They don't make you leave right at 6:00. People who are in line at 6:00 get to finish their line and go on the attraction. So what I would do if I were you is jump in a line right before 6:00 pm, and once that's done, head over to BOG. When you come out of BOG, pretty much everything will be shut down and you'll exit the park. Make sense?

They don't make you leave right at 6:00. People who are in line at 6:00 get to finish their line and go on the attraction. So what I would do if I were you is jump in a line right before 6:00 pm, and once that's done, head over to BOG. When you come out of BOG, pretty much everything will be shut down and you'll exit the park. Make sense?
yes! So there was a 6:50pm available but I didn't grab it...what do those people do? Just kick around the park until it's time to go eat?

I have the same question. I made a reservation at Sci-Fi for 7:40pm when DS was scheduled to be open until 8. Now the hours have been cut and the park closes at 7. Do I keep the reservation?

I have the same question. I made a reservation at Sci-Fi for 7:40pm when DS was scheduled to be open until 8. Now the hours have been cut and the park closes at 7. Do I keep the reservation?
I'd keep it - you can get some great pictures as the park empties out while you wait for your ressie. One of my favorite photos is Ciderella Castle all lit up with no one around. We took that at an after hours event last summer. So amazing to walk around the park with the walkways nearly empty.

Last night DH and I had a 6:50 reservation at LTT. MK closed at 6 PM. Got in line at HM at 5:59 and got in one last ride. Got off around 6:10 PM, headed to bathroom and then just walked around for a while.
Checked in at 6:40 for our ADR and was seated around 6:55PM. Our server did not rush us at all. In fact she was amazing and gave us plenty of time to slow down and enjoy our dinner. We were done a little after 8. CM’s were on hand to point us to Main Street where we stopped to take some pics of an empty castle area. The majority of lights were off on Main Street but DH and I (along with maybe 4-5 other folks) were taking lots of photos. We made our way down Main Street and took some last few shots of a completely empty Main Street. Oh, the photos we got were once in a lifetime shots!!! DH and I were the very last ones to leave the park and as we were parked in the MK lot, a very nice bus driver drove us back to where our car was parked. Hope this helps. I highly recommend getting an after hours ADR as we weren’t rushed and the experience was A++++++.

Good to hear. I had 2 ressies affected; 6:15 and 6:30 on different days and I called when the hrs were first announced and the CM said I had to cancel them and book new ones before closing time. Ended up Getting 4:30 both days which is way too early. Wish they would have just said we don’t yet know what will happen but he sounded like he was certain so I cancelled. Guess I’ll keep trying for after hours. Thx for confirming we can book those times. Now only if I can find one

I am wondering if Disney transportation will be available back to the resorts at that time or if we are have to drive our own car. We have three reservations after closing time-one at MK and two at Epcot. We have always used Disney transportation so we are unfamiliar with parking at the parks. Any thoughts?

I am wondering if Disney transportation will be available back to the resorts at that time or if we are have to drive our own car. We have three reservations after closing time-one at MK and two at Epcot. We have always used Disney transportation so we are unfamiliar with parking at the parks. Any thoughts?
This is what I want to know to except we won’t have a car.

If you're staying at a Disney resort they won't leave you stranded at a park.

loved having my 7:30 reservation last week at 50's prime time! we got one last ride in before the park closed and by 7:15 the park was virtually empty.
guests were still able to shop so we headed in a few stores while waiting for our table to be called.

our dinner was done by about 8:45 and by that point we only saw one other couple in the park while we were exiting. it was a nice night and we got some great photos.
i wanted to linger a bit but didn't want to bother the poor CM's that were still there 'blocking' off other areas of the park.

i only had wished we instead made a reservation for Oga's because on another thread i saw gorgeous photos posted of a completely empty Galaxy's Edge that someone experienced after park close and their oga's reservation.

D
loved having my 7:30 reservation last week at 50's prime time! we got one last ride in before the park closed and by 7:15 the park was virtually empty.
guests were still able to shop so we headed in a few stores while waiting for our table to be called.

our dinner was done by about 8:45 and by that point we only saw one other couple in the park while we were exiting. it was a nice night and we got some great photos.
i wanted to linger a bit but didn't want to bother the poor CM's that were still there 'blocking' off other areas of the park.

i only had wished we instead made a reservation for Oga's because on another thread i saw gorgeous photos posted of a completely empty Galaxy's Edge that someone experienced after park close and their oga's reservation.
Did you notice if the skyliner was running when you were finished with dinner?

Did you notice if the skyliner was running when you were finished with dinner?
[/QUOTE]

It was! We had our own car but were staying at Pop. half of our party was very tempted to hitch a ride on the skyliner back instead of driving.
didn't get a chance to try it but unfortunately for our day at DHS we wanted to get there as early as possible and for our day at epcot we had breakfast before hand

Just snagged a 7:30 reservation for 50’s and super excited after reading your comments!

Last edited:
Just snagged a

Just snagged a 7:30 reservation for 50’s and super excited after reading your comments!

amazing! and feel free to take your time. we actually rushed a bit because we wanted to get back to watch the NFL game. but there were definitely a lot of other guests still eating!

we got wonderful pictures in front of the chinese theater. i did want to head down towards ToT since i LOVE when it is lit up, but there was a Cast Member at the entrance of what is it, sunset blvd? i was going to ask him if we could just sneak past for a minute to take a picture but didn't.

Thanks for sharing your experience! We just booked last week and today I managed to grab an Oga's ressie for after park close. I'm really excited now! We are massive SW fans and hubby (who has been iffy in his excitement for this trip) will love seeing a nearly empty Galaxy's Edge (even if we're sent on our way rather quickly).

Just booked all after close meals at Epcot, HS, and MK. Hopefully we will be able to get back to AofA!

So far I haven’t found an after park closing time.
I’ve noticed that. I don’t know if they were all just snatched up quickly, but it doesn’t seem like a lot of places extended their hours in kind with the park hour extensions happening in mid-November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter