Park Bag - Tell me what you love to carry...

caligirl stuck in va

Mouseketeer
Looking to update my old backpack - we carry water, hoodies, snacks, etc. - but can’t seem to find any “cute” ones with water bottle pocket(s). Would like it to be on smaller side (when they get too big it’s too easy to run into others). Frustrated and wondering what you use for the day at the parks?

I wear the Vera Bradley hipster. I don’t carry a lot, just some essentials and my phone. Now that my kids are older, they carry their own stuff. I’m contemplating using the Herschel fanny pack.

I bought a drawstring backpack from Disney. It's heavier material,and has a small zip pocket that fits my Samsung S8 phone, and it has seen some "stuff" in its day. I had my friend buy a replacement but I have yet to use the replacement one. It's a dingy rainbow checker, but it's my absolute favorite.

I usually purchase, refill, and recycle a 20oz Dasani bottle when I get to the parks. In addition to that, I have a wallet or a smaller purse holding small items inside.

I usually have hand sanitizer, sunscreen, my phone, travel wipes, and my sunglasses case inside. The purse I use is about 9"x7"x2" rectangular. I usually use it to hold my wallet, cards, hand sanitizer, lip balm, etc. I also have a hat that I can bend flat and stuff into the purse.

I know it sounds stuffed, but it isn't terrible.

I like the backpack because it evenly distributes weight on my back and shoulders instead of concentrating it on my shoulder or hip.

I have a cross body bag that has is big enough to fit a Kindle or an iPad (for size reference) and has a side pocket that will fit a standard sized bottle of water that I generally use for my sunglasses..

I don't carry much into the parks...disposable poncho, ID, battery charger, sunscreen, etc...and I have a carabinier attached on the outside to carry a refillable water bottle.

I prefer the smaller bag to a backpack because I can access it on the go and it isn't heavy on my back in the hot sun.

I don't like using string bags because the thin strings aren't comfortable carrying it all day.

We each carry one. I have a Vera Bradley little hipster that has my sunglass case, bib for DD, a few emergency PullUps,wet wipes and the Mickey head pick holder for DD'S magic band puck. DH carried a Bago brand packable backpack last year that had the potty seat, extra clothes, princess dresses, ponchos...and anything else that we thought we'd need. We upgraded to a different brand for this year's trip that's slightly larger.
The first year we went we only needed the Vera Bradley carryall crossbody bag I had since DD was still in diapers. Gotta say that was much easier!

I use a baggallini messenger bag, but it is the old style. I've had it for years now - not even sure how long. It's a cross body back pack, but not as bulky. It has tons of pockets, and is water resistant. It also holds a lot more than it appears to. I did buy a newer one that I think I'm going to try out this year. The biggest difference is the older one is round at the top and the outside pockets could better hold bottles of water. The new one is straight across, which cuts out some of what it can hold. I'm trying to cut back on what we take in, so I think the new one will be fine. I like it because I can just swing it to the front when needed.

I found an older one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Baggallini-MES160C-Messenger-Travel-Bag/dp/B000F5O0LA

Here is the newer one: https://www.baggallini.com/rfid-messenger-bagg/MEB173-BG.html

I use a kavu bag because I love all the room and it has a strap that hangs down where I can attach my favorite pins. I bring protein bars, travel deodorant, wet wipes for hands and body, powder (can you tell I hate sweating?), external charger for my iphone, moleskin, mini fan, sunglasses, water.

I got a backpack diaper bag from Amazon. It is a waterproof - yes i poured water on it and it repelled off of it- its light weight. Has lots of pockets. Is not big and bulky. I attached a strap from a duffle bag to the metal rings at the top and can carry it as a cross body bag as well. Lots of pockets on the inside as well. Has insulated pockets on the inside. I use it as my personal item when I fly and it has the strap on the back so it slides over my luggage handle to my carry on bag.
https://www.amazon.com/Backpack-Stroller-HYBLOM-Designer-Organizer/dp/B01N0XD3IY/ref=sr_1_33_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1528972207&sr=1-33&keywords=diaper+bag+backpack&th=1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter