Park Availability

The Way

Earning My Ears
We are going mid-May. I just saw that HS is full our entire trip. Is there a chance of them expanding and allowing more people or any tricks for getting in?
Thanks

You could get a park hopper and get in after 2:00 p.m. or is that not what you are inquiring? There is a park hopping thread and my understanding is that WDW has not had a single instance, thus far, of denying park hopping privileges. It is possible WDW will increase reservations for DHS in May, but I wouldn't put money on it.

They could open more capacity, or they could not.
People could move or cancel their park days and create openings, or they could not.

This has become probably the most popular question in the COVID era, and for good reason: It's tough when there's no availability at the park you want to go to. The only thing you can do is keep checking. Availability might open up.

Have you actually tried booking? Just pay no attention to the colors on the reservation calendar and keep trying frequently to make your reservation. When a few spots open, you can book one but they don't update the calendar to reflect those small availabilities.

Have you actually tried booking? Just pay no attention to the colors on the reservation calendar and keep trying frequently to make your reservation. When a few spots open, you can book one but they don't update the calendar to reflect those small availabilities.

I was just able to make a reservation at MK on a day the calendar said there's no availability, so I think just keep trying.

I was just able to make a reservation at MK on a day the calendar said there's no availability, so I think just keep trying.
Same her, park availability showed no more availability but I selected it anyway and it went through.

The availability calendar for May is almost fully green. I finally switched my HS day to AK! (I know, most people are going the other way. Lol).

As of 11am est they are showing limited availability on the website. does the status change when you actually try to book a reservation with park tickets in hand? I haven't purchased tickets yet and am hesitant to do so without availability. I see the calendar is green for AP holders. Do they give those reservations to the general public as it closer to the dates? We want to come the week of 5/10, but why come when there is such limited spots open.

As of 11am est they are showing limited availability on the website. does the status change when you actually try to book a reservation with park tickets in hand? I haven't purchased tickets yet and am hesitant to do so without availability. I see the calendar is green for AP holders. Do they give those reservations to the general public as it closer to the dates? We want to come the week of 5/10, but why come when there is such limited spots open.

Wow that sold out quick! Yep back to yellow and grey

The availability calendar for May is almost fully green. I finally switched my HS day to AK! (I know, most people are going the other way. Lol).
I would do what you did.........I wouldn't be stuck on HS for days. I know why others are doing that. Glad you were able to change!!

I would do what you did.........I wouldn't be stuck on HS for days. I know why others are doing that. Glad you were able to change!!

Yeah, I was pretty darn happy when I checked this morning. I love HS but it felt so crowded when we went in Sept. I figure if it’s going to be crowded, I’d rather be at AK (where you can walk the paths and just explore a bit).

Yeah, I was pretty darn happy when I checked this morning. I love HS but it felt so crowded when we went in Sept. I figure if it’s going to be crowded, I’d rather be at AK (where you can walk the paths and just explore a bit).
We live in Florida, my DH wants to ride ROTR so bad. We went last March for one day and did not get BP. We have not tried again since thinking one day it will slow down and we have just went to the other parks. Maybe we will go after Tron opens and everyone wants in MK.

Maybe it's all those cancellations for may that showed up. Crossing my fingers for June!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter