Park admission when staying at Fort Wilderness Campground with your own motorhome

CdnDisneyFan

<font color=FF0033>Tigger, he is oh so cute!<br><f
I was just wondering, my hubby and I want to visit Disney in the next couple of years, and we just got our own motorhome, so to save money, we would like to stay at Fort Wilderness, but I was wondering, since we will be sleeping in the motorhome, and not use Disney accommodations, do we still get issued a Magic Band at check in to use as admission to the parks? I've only stayed onsite, so don't know how this works these days.

Thanks!

Julia

The campgrounds at Fort Wilderness are considered onsite. So booking there gives you all the booking benefits as any other Disney-owned hotel. The extra ADR booking days, the 60 day fastpasses, magicbands. I guess the only benefit you wouldn't get is housekeeping :D

Full hook up sites are just about as expensive as value rooms, especially if you can score a discount on the room, discounts are generally not available at the camp ground. Worth it though, to many people, one of the nicest CGs you'll ever stay in and plenty of activities available to where you can skip a day or two in the parks if you wish. Lots of info here: https://www.disboards.com/forums/camping-at-disney-world.24/

You still need the MB for things at FW, such as getting into comfort stations after hours.

And I just want to clarify - you don't need a magic band to get into the parks. You just need a ticket.

Magic bands themselves don't contain ticket media. They're just a link to your My Disney Experience account. If you purchase park admission tickets with your reservation, they're linked to your MDE account (you can link the tickets yourself if you buy them separately). When you scan your magic band at the gate, the system checks to see if that band is connected to an account that has valid tickets for that park. It works the same way when you drive up to the gate of a resort parking lot and scan your band, or at the entrance to a resort pool with gated access - the system checks to see if the band is connected to an account that has a current reservation at that resort.

Full hook up sites are just about as expensive as value rooms, especially if you can score a discount on the room, discounts are generally not available at the camp ground. Worth it though, to many people, one of the nicest CGs you'll ever stay in and plenty of activities available to where you can skip a day or two in the parks if you wish. Lots of info here: https://www.disboards.com/forums/camping-at-disney-world.24/

Yes based on your profile and username I take you have a long drive to get to WDW. Others in the camping forum have posted that when they add up all their costs including fuel, at least one nights stay on the road and the cost of a full hook up site, its sometime cheaper to fly or drive a vehicle with better gas mileage and stay at Value or even moderate.

But many who camp at Fort Wilderness happily pay a premium to stay there. Some also have pets or just would never sleep in a bed that someone else slept in.

Yes based on your profile and username I take you have a long drive to get to WDW. Others in the camping forum have posted that when they add up all their costs including fuel, at least one nights stay on the road and the cost of a full hook up site, its sometime cheaper to fly or drive a vehicle with better gas mileage and stay at Value or even moderate.

But many who camp at Fort Wilderness happily pay a premium to stay there. Some also have pets or just would never sleep in a bed that someone else slept in.

Been many years, but used to do the fairly long drive in the economical car loaded to the gills with camping gear including a window AC unit to tent camp at FW; of course back then you could score a AAA discount which knocked it down to the $30-35 range (and the PAP was about $350 to 400).

but used to do the fairly long drive in the economical car loaded to the gills with camping gear including a window AC unit to tent camp at FW;

In 77 we pulled a pop up with probably an AMC Hornet or maybe a Chevy Caprice Classic station wagon and stayed at FW for 3 or 4 nights as part of a 2 week vacation. At the time it was $20 !!!!!! yes who would have thought you could spend $20 for a night at a campground when we were spending $3 a night at a PA State Park or maybe $12 at a resort campground in Myrtle Beach, SC. :)

As I recall the poster I was referring to had a class A or large class c and got something like 5 mpg with diesel and if you do some math a 2,000 mile trip with diesel being 3.10 a gallon that's $1,250 just for fuel so add in a one night's stay at a campground along the way, assuming you don't stop at a Walmart, a third of an oil change and the high cost of a full hook up at FW. For some its cheaper and faster to fly and stay at a value.

Again if you post on the Camping Forum they will only have high praise for FW and would never stay anywhere else on property.

Plus lots of people from Canada come to Florida for the winter. Drive the RV down and stay in it for months. We have lots of RV parks in SWFL.

since we will be sleeping in the motorhome, and not use Disney accommodations,

You'll be sleeping inside Disney grounds in a Disney hookup site. That's using Disney accommodations and its onsite. Therefore onsite privilege are given to you.

I didn't get the feeling marshel was being negative about FW...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter