Paris day trip - advice please.

RoseBug

<font color=royalblue>I'm a Geordie, we don't own
Our October trip is now booked, and my mam added on to join us. She has never been to Paris, and Rosebug has never been to the city and tonight asked if she could go up the Eiffel Tower, so we were figuring the Monday of our visit heading into the city.

I don't want to get the train. I would rather get a private transfer, has anyone done this? We use ezyshuttle for airport transfers - has anyone done their city tours? Not sure whether to get a private transfer in the morning, and then to pick us up later in the evening or just get the 4 hour sightseeing tour type thing.

Tickets for the tower? Any advice?

I've done Paris a few times, and seen a lot, but never in a day and want to get as much in for my mam and Rosebug as possible - any tips and recommendations?

Thanks!

I am very interested in the private transfer to the city as well. We will be at DLP in August and are planning a city day. While many people have said the train is great, with 3 kids I would rather take a private transfer. I am wondering if anybody has done the drop off/pick up option? I would rather explore on our own at our own pace than do a sight seeing tour.

hi, I cant comment on the transfers, as we used the train when we went last year (this was SO easy, I had 2 children with me, one of whom is autistic, and it was great)

We booked the Eiffel tower in advance, so headed straight there on the train. The queues are enormous if you haven't pre-booked, so I would recommend this. We booked on-line through the official website, and walked straight in on our time slot (very small queue due to security check, but took minutes).

From the Eiffel tower we got onto a hop-on-off bus, as this meant we could get around all of the sites with ease.

We then got a train back to Disney when we were done.

Apart from the Eiffel Tower ( been up before a few yrs ago ) what else would you recommend seeing / doing ?

Planning on getting the train & then probably the hop on / off bus as you suggested x

Apart from the Eiffel Tower ( been up before a few yrs ago ) what else would you recommend seeing / doing ?

Planning on getting the train & then probably the hop on / off bus as you suggested x
Did you climb Notre dame tower to see the gargoyles last time?

Look up the old shopping arcades- they're beautiful- and there's a great toy store in one of them.

And the arts metier museum would also be awesome with kids. Ride the metro there- it's metro stop was inspired by Jules Verne

Thank you
No we didn't

Our kids are coming but older, 21 ( & his 20 yr old gf) and 15 yrs old

A very posh corporate trip lol
So will be doing more joe bloggs / touristy things this time

Fancy a river trip, but it'll be end oct

I would recommend to get to the eiffeltower early in the morning. There are hardly any lines and very little wait time.
We walked right in yesterday in the morning without wait. The line for preebooked Ticket so though was huge.
Do a hop on hop of bus tour that would be the best way to get around the city.
Streets are very busy in the morning so the private car will probably take a lot longer than the train to get into town. I would not recommend it.

When I went into Paris I used the train. I hadn't booked anything in advance and found early in the day the Eiffel Tower was crazy busy but I left and went back about 5.30 ish and queue wasn't half as bad and I got the added bonus that as I was coming down the tower it had started to get dark so the Tower lit up and started twinkling which was very pretty to see.

We will be in Paris next week and plan a day at DLP. Do you need advance tickets for the train or do you just arrive at the station and does the train run regularly?

What about Uber? I looked at google maps and it's about 50 euro and about an hour. Has anyone done this?

I'm fine with public transport but don't know details.

We are staying at an airbnb in the marais district.

Thx!

We will be in Paris next week and plan a day at DLP. Do you need advance tickets for the train or do you just arrive at the station and does the train run regularly?

You can buy the tickets for the train at the station. Last time I used the train it was 15 euro for the day and could be used on any of the trains. It may have gone up by now though as that was a few years ago.

What about Uber? I looked at google maps and it's about 50 euro and about an hour. Has anyone done this?

I'm fine with public transport but don't know details.

We are staying at an airbnb in the marais district.

Thx!

The train to DLP is the RER system which is an extension of the Paris metro system.

You just buy the tickets at the station and can either get a single (approx 8E), a return or a mobilis day pass which includes the use of metro for the day as well. However as long as you dont exit the station the ticket will be valid for the full journey from your start station (so you dont need a separate ticket for metro and RER) so a return would probably be the best option for you. The mobilis ticket is useful for the other way (going from DLP to Paris for the day) but in your case you wont be spending the day on and off the metro

The trains run regularly usually about every 5/10 mins and takes about 45/60 mins to get to DLP.

The station at DLP is Marne la Vallee and is at the end of the line A - however the line splits so not all trains on that line go to MLV. When you are on the RER platform there is a sign above your head with stations listed. If MLV is not lit up then the train is not going there so dont get on it - just wait for the next one and check that.

Have a look at the map and this site and if you need more help to work it out let us know

http://parisbytrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/paris-metro-map-2014.pdf

http://parisbytrain.com/paris-rer/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter