Paris Abroad Program in July - DLP questions

wendyt_ca

DIS Veteran
Hello,

I am a mature university student (older student in my 30s) and I may be spending the month of July living in Paris as part of a summer abroad program. I’ve been to Paris and DLP twice before over a couple of days so I am familiar with the parks and such in general. But some things have changed since I’ve been to Paris last such as park reservations.

Since I would be living there for the month I am considering purchasing an AP so that I can make day trips out to DLP after classes (they end daily at 12pm) throughout the month (likely weekly). So I am wondering if anyone has any tips for doing this.

From what I have researched, I have also seen that July is incredibly busy in July. Therefore, I am a bit concerned about park reservations. I see that with the AP you can only book 3 reservations at a time. So I was wondering how likely it is that I will have an issue getting other reservations last minute? I kind of wish that I could decide on a whim the day of, but if I can’t that’s fine. I have used the reservation system in WDW so I have some familiarity with that as well.

Additionally, do I need to purchase the Premier access for the rides some days (particularly for Marvel)?

I’m also considering adding a couple of days on the end of the month and spending a couple of nights in Val D’Europe to relax there and go to DLP (we stayed at a hotel there in 2018 and loved the atmosphere).

Honestly any tips that anyone might have based on these plans or even just for living in Paris for a month in general would be greatly appreciated!

As long as there are park reservations you have to stick to the 3 reservations at a time, and no spontaneous trips. I would suggest to make a reservation for a new day the moment you are using your first reservation.

I once put myself on the waitlist, and got a reservation about 2 weeks in advance. So, do use that option.

With an AP I wouldn't bother with Premier Access. Do it just before park closing, during dinner times etc.

Remember the park is open till 11 that time of year so ride access will be alot easier come the evening.

Remember the park is open till 11 that time of year so ride access will be alot easier come the evening.
That will help! I also will likely be alone so I will take advantage of single rider lines where I can. I am a little nervous about riding the train back to Paris alone that late, is it safe?

As long as there are park reservations you have to stick to the 3 reservations at a time, and no spontaneous trips. I would suggest to make a reservation for a new day the moment you are using your first reservation.

I once put myself on the waitlist, and got a reservation about 2 weeks in advance. So, do use that option.

With an AP I wouldn't bother with Premier Access. Do it just before park closing, during dinner times etc.
Oh yes I know that I have to stick to just the 3 and book right away. How is the availability around that time generally for booking last minute after using each one? Should I be able to get them still a week or so out?

It is good to know I can book it as soon as I use the first one so I will do that. I will be going mainly during the week and have some flexibility on which days.

That’s a good point about premier access. I will definitely try to go on rides during peak times and I can use the single rider as well. Thank you!

Um, I suppose that really depends on where your going aka train. I never found the RER bad to central Paris but when a strike is on its no fun, and I ended up in a place I did not like the feel of. Use the citymapper app to help plan routes. If a strike is taking place maybe avoid going that day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter