Parents Sue To Evict 30 Year Old Deadbeat Slacker Son From Their Home

Some woman was desperate enough to have a kid with this loser?????

Not surprising......Judge Judy has such women on her show several times a week.

I'm sorry, but how does she think she will function when your parents are no longer here?

That's what I tell my adult kids when they think I am being mean because I won't help them with this or that. I tell them I am not going to be around forever and they need to be able to do certain things on their own as responsible adults. They are not enjoying adult life right now.
Yeah I have wondered that for a long time.

Besides knowing she isn't moving in with me I have no idea what her plans are.

I'm sorry, but how does she think she will function when your parents are no longer here?

That's what I tell my adult kids when they think I am being mean because I won't help them with this or that. I tell them I am not going to be around forever and they need to be able to do certain things on their own as responsible adults. They are not enjoying adult life right now.

What I tell mine is that my death isn't what they've got to worry abuut; it's my old age. (Luckily our kids are not the sort who would take that as an invitation to buy Strynchnine!) When Dad & I die they get life insurance proceeds, but while we live there will be heavy expenses to be paid. We saved for their educations and that will be used for that purpose, but by keeping the rest of our money now, we will be able to support ourselves in our old age -- rather than asking THEM for money. The kids saw both of us struggling to pay their grandmothers' mounting medical and assisted-living expenses before they passed away, so they know what we are talking about.

(The other issue with my hard-to-motivate eldest is that very soon he will have to take on the responsibility of the position of his youngest sister's presumed guardian. Right now that contingency role goes to another relative my age, but DD isn't in her teens yet, so naturally once her older brother becomes a working adult, the responsibility to live with and finish raising her if both of us die is going to shift to him. (It won't cost him money if that happens, but it will definitely cramp his style.)

Now he is saying he does not have enough money to buy boxes to pack his stuff.

Not Ursula, If for some reason this older brother is just simply not able, willing, equipped to become a guardian, I would def. have other measures in place.

Wonder how long it will be before West Hollywood gives him the key to their city?

(The other issue with my hard-to-motivate eldest is that very soon he will have to take on the responsibility of the position of his youngest sister's presumed guardian. Right now that contingency role goes to another relative my age, but DD isn't in her teens yet, so naturally once her older brother becomes a working adult, the responsibility to live with and finish raising her if both of us die is going to shift to him. (It won't cost him money if that happens, but it will definitely cramp his style.)

I know of a pair of sisters that had their parents taken away....it actually made national headlines. The older sister did not take on the role as parent.....the younger one went to live with close family friends. At first the younger sister resented it, but the older sister held firm. She was determined to always have a relationship with her sister, and felt the role of parent she was not equipped for, she didn’t want to mess up her sister's life, and did not want the younger sister to resent her when the older sister needed to say no. Clearly, the older sister was guided, and I’m so glad she was. All they have left of their childhood is each other. Family relationships are hard enough without mixing up family dynamics. They are doing great. They still love and are in each other’s lives, while creating new families of their own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter