• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parental control software?

adamak

DIS Veteran
I have a very sneaky 11 yr old, who constantly goes to free online game sites and play on his laptop. What parental control software would you recommend (for Windows)? Preferably something that can block by categories instead of web URLs. TIA.

We had the Disney Circle app when the kids were younger. That worked nicely. Now we have parental control with our cable company Eero wifi network included with our subscription.

I use qustodio, so far the only thing my sneaky kid hasn't figured out how to get around

We are also a Qustodio family. It works well to block specific websites or apps as well as general website categories (gambling, forums, etc). In full disclosure we’ve had to turn it off a couple of times because it will block sites if there isn’t information about it and we had to turn it off/uninstall it briefly so my son could go to school related websites that were legitimate. It’s also uses a VPN so that people cannot find your location, which is another plus for us. And it will set time limits and downtime where only emergency calls can be made.

I have a very sneaky 11 yr old, who constantly goes to free online game sites and play on his laptop. What parental control software would you recommend (for Windows)? Preferably something that can block by categories instead of web URLs. TIA.
Is this doing school time? or just in general? If by change you have a mac you can use screen time on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter