Parent switch system (or whatever it's called)

PoohBears#1fan

DIS Veteran
Hi, when we go next our DD will be 7 and we'll have a 5 month old baby (who's not arrived yet :) )

I know that if we all wait in line together that H and I can alternate going on the ride and looking after the baby, but does anyone know if DD will be allowed to go on the ride with each of us, or just the once?

Thanks

Yes, your DD will get to ride twice! When you enter the line for a ride be sure to tell the Cast Member you are doing the Child Swap. Some rides have you all go through the line together, and some just have the first riders go through the line, while the other spouse and baby wait elsewhere. Then you are given a pass to give to the spouse that didn't ride yet, and you usually enter through the exit.

When our DD was 3 1/2, our 2 DS's LOVED the fact that she was too short for some of their favorites! They BOTH got to ride twice when we did the child swap! It really is a great feature! Enjoy your trip....oh and good luck with the soon-to-be new arrival! :)

Another tip that we found....even though a ride does not offer a formal baby switch, some will allow it. Our little one was sleeping when we tried to go on Buzz Lightyear which does not offer a baby swap because anyone can ride, regardless of height. When we asked about a swap, they told me to go around to the exit with the little one and wait for DS & DH to exit and then I'd be able to ride with DS again. Worked like a charm.

Thanks everyone, that's great to know :D What a great system, we don't have anything like that in the UK that we've come across!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter