• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parent swap

shagster330

Mouseketeer
Hi

We went to WDW last year and they had the parent swap facility, as we are travelling with a baby when we visit DL this year we were wondering if they had it there too

Thanks

Not sure what you are referring to in terms of "Facility"

DL has a Nestle Baby Care Center - for changing, feeding, nursing, etc

Also they have the "rider switch pass" which some people call the "baby swap" pass. For rides with height restrictions.

Thanks

I was referring to the baby swap, where one of us rides and the other waits with the baby and then the other rides straight afterwards without queueing

Do they have it on many rides?

Here is the reply Disney sent me when I questioned them on the rider switch. It does not list which rides this is allowed on, but does talk about height requirement rides, so I would think all of those and maybe any that would frighten the child.

10/30/2002

Dear Sonya:

Thank you for your recent letter to the Disneyland Resort.

Our rider switch pass is intended to accommodate our Guests who may have a rider
who is not able to board the attraction.

Following are the instructions for our Rider Switch Pass:

o The entire party enters the normal queue area.
o When the rider who does not meet certain age/height requirements reaches a
certain point in the queue:
o At least one party member and the rider will be issued a Rider Switch Pass and
asked to wait at the exit or in a designated waiting area.
o These individuals are referred to as "Party 2."
o The remaining party members, ride the attraction.
o These individuals are referred to as "Party 1"
o After riding the attraction, "Party 1" locates "Party 2."
o The child is "switched."
o "Party 2" enters via the exit (i.e., they do not wait through the queue a
second time) and boards the attraction.
o The Rider Switch Pass must be presented to the Host/Hostess positioned at the
boarding area.
o The maximum number of Guests allowed on a Rider Switch Pass is two (2)!
o If the person in "Party 2" waited alone with the child, he/she may bring one
Guest back to ride the attraction.

We do the "baby swap" all the time and some rides have you use the Fastpass entrance - not go up the exit. If you have more than one child or person with you you can take 2 people with each rider swap.
Since it is just me and dh with our 2 year old ds when we go I never have anyone else to ride with and I have found on some rides the single rider pass (for example Splash Mountain or Soarin' at DCA) is usally faster than the fast pass line that they have the baby swaps go though. Space Mountain is definately faster via baby swap as you go up the exit. And so is Indy

Also don't forget you can also use ride switch with fast pass, which cuts waits down even more. You get fast pass, then ride rides the those swapping can ride, then come back and do your swap. Most of the rides at DL/DCA give you the pass near the beginning of the line, as they don't want people walking the whole line, but they will let you walk the whole line together if you really want to. In general it's easier not to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter