Parasailing/water mice review

diswedwish

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this is the right place for this thread, but hope it helps someone. If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer:D

We were in WDW from 1/4-12 on the Gold Plan. We'd never been parasailing before, so we thought we'd try it and scheduled it with Sammy Duval's for Sat, 1/10. Well, guess what, too cold on Sat. so we rescheduled for Sun. Too cold/windy on Sun. again! Thankfully we got out Monday morning at 11 - this was the last thing we did before heading to the airport. Just a note, if it is below 50 and/or windy they will not open the marinas. Next time, we will schedule this earlier in our trip so we have more days to play with should it be too cold.

So, a bit nervous, we headed out Mon. morning. It cost $232!! but was included in the Plan. I'm not sure how high up we went, but it was pretty high! DH went first (no tandem since the weight limit for that is 320 lbs.), while I snapped a bunch of pictures. They offer a picture package for either $10 or $15 I think and it includes 12 pics. We just used our camera. He was reeled back in and seemed to like it. Then it was my turn... This was one of those things that I hadn't really thought through - it *seemed* like a good idea when we set it up, but I am a little scared of heights. So I just turned the fear part of my brain off and got into the harness and away I went:D It is very gradual/smooth as you ascend, so I was very surprised when I realized how high I was - it seemed like I was even with the top of the Contemporary, and definitely had a good view of the Castle. It is also very peaceful - I was having one of those yoga "peace" moments... Until the boat rounded the curve and I hit wind resistence and was convinced I was going to die - lol. I gripped the straps while thinking - what good is this going to do?! After the 3rd turn I was used to forcing myself not to panic at the turns and happily was reeled in to the boat:D I think each of us was up there for about 6-8 minutes. We'd do it again, although only on the plan, neither of us felt that it was worth over $200!

As for the water mice - they are a lot of fun:D We were only able to rent them one day - the other days it was too cold. We rented them at the Yacht Club and took them out for about 40 min. Cost was $58ish but it was included on the Gold Plan. We took 2 boats so we got to carefully "race" each other. Not much of a race when there's a 70 lb. difference in your weights so I "let" DH "win" a few times - lol. DH managed to get too close and get stuck in the reeds - the safety patrol (or whatever he's called) told him how to use reverse - lol. Yes, we both have driver's licenses;) Both of us were very good about slowing down where we were supposed to and staying out of the way of the Friendship Boats. Those were kind of scary, I did not want to get in their way! We were disappointed about not being able to try them at one of the monorail resorts, but there's always next time!

Thanks for the reviews!!! Hopefully it won't be too cold in 3 weeks to try the sprites. They always seem like so much fun.
Is there a space to stash a camera on the boat, cause I'd really like to take some pics on the water.

~ Chris

Hi Chris,

There's room for a camera. I had my purse/jacket with me with room to spare since there was just me in the boat. Even if there were 2 people, there would still be room for a camera. Hope your weather will be better than ours:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter