Paranoid Aquaduck question

I never worried about bouncing out of the Aqua Duck, but I did worry about getting stuck and not knowing what to do next ;) I know they tell you to stay there and wait...but I wouldn't like to sit there and wait... haha. However, never stopped me from riding it.
Now.. I know we are talking about the Aqua Duck - but I do have a similar worry about Summit Plummet at Disney's Blizzard Beach. I know it's off topic... but how does one not fall out of there? Have never been on it but DS9 announced he really wants to try it next time we go. Meanwhile I have visions of him flying off the slide... I know it won't happen, but yeah... bit paranoid.

THe forces involved on Summit Plummet very effectively shove you INTO the slide. There is a high probability you will get a wedgie. I find anywhere bare skin touches the slide ends up quite irritated from the friction. Your head and feet bounce (painfully) some, but the rest of you is shoved into the slide very thoroughly. And then you come to a sudden and full stop.

Disney uses quality rides: the physics are well designed. Guests won't be unintentionally flying out of them.

SW

This overweight woman is paranoid about getting stuck!! From the videos it looks like not a lot of water pushing one along. Any larger peeps get stuck?

This overweight woman is paranoid about getting stuck!! From the videos it looks like not a lot of water pushing one along. Any larger peeps get stuck?
My understanding is that you are more likely to get stuck if you are on the light side, for example my DS is tall enough to ride alone but at only 69 lbs I was told he’s more likely to get stuck. Or really not getting stuck, but the raft stopping.
When I rode with my DH we flew compared to with my DS, it was so fast!

We've never been on the Aquaduck (yet!) but at a Six Flags water park, my older son got stuck on a different ride because he's sooo skinny. He was probably 8 at the time, and he & my husband went on this ride where two people go at once, down different slides, but meet at the bottom. So my husband gets to the bottom ... no son. Waiting, waiting, no son. He asked the attendant, did a kid come off here before I came down? Nope, just you. Waiting waiting. Now we're freaking out; even though only like 3-4 minutes have passed, it seemed like really long minutes. The tubes were solid, not clear, so you couldn't see if he was in there or what. He finally came down, scootching himself with his hands and feet, cracking up. He thought it was hilarious, while we're all like OMG HE'S GONE MY POOR BABY WHERE IS HE. Lol.

We've never been on the Aquaduck (yet!) but at a Six Flags water park, my older son got stuck on a different ride because he's sooo skinny. He was probably 8 at the time, and he & my husband went on this ride where two people go at once, down different slides, but meet at the bottom. So my husband gets to the bottom ... no son. Waiting, waiting, no son. He asked the attendant, did a kid come off here before I came down? Nope, just you. Waiting waiting. Now we're freaking out; even though only like 3-4 minutes have passed, it seemed like really long minutes. The tubes were solid, not clear, so you couldn't see if he was in there or what. He finally came down, scootching himself with his hands and feet, cracking up. He thought it was hilarious, while we're all like OMG HE'S GONE MY POOR BABY WHERE IS HE. Lol.

:eek:

Sounds like they didn't have a protocol what to do if someone does get stuck! I would have been freaked out as well ... Good for your son he was able to come down on his own!!! Imagine though if he was scared or didn't know what to do....
At least the Aqua Duck tubing is clear, most of it anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter