Paranoia!

jwbaird

Earning My Ears
We made our reservations last August for our trip in March. We got the standard little 'green' sheet confirming our reservations. HOWEVER, it had a statement on it that I haven't seen before. It indicates that our balance is due in February (about 30 days before our visit).

We've camped at FW before and this didn't happen. We've stayed in one of the resorts MANY times over the years and have never had this happen. I called central reservations about it and the girl said it was a mistake. She said she'd correct it.

Here's the rub: I don't want to loose my reservation... under any circumstances. I'd rather pay early. The girl I was talking to wasn't interested in charging my CC for the balance. I'm considering calling back and trying to get another agent. My wife says I'm paranoid (she's right!). Opinions????

Billy

My intention was to go through CRO. I called 407-W-DISNEY (both times). I didn't discover until later that you sometimes don't get CRO this way...

I got my res confirmation in the mail today, and yes, it did say "the remaining balance due 7/14." My trip is not until 8/4. If it was really a mistake, it sure happens consistently. What was really weird on my statement was, though, that there was no instruction on how to pay the remaining balance. It had a big paragraph about how to pay the initial deposit, which had already been paid in may case because I asked them to charge on my credit card. -yoko

That's the piece of paper I'm talking about! I guess if no one has any idea what's up, I'll just call CRO again (and ASK if that's who I got). Maybe this time I can find someone who will take my money (normally NOT a problem with Disney...)!!!

I too received a "package balance due" on my confirmation. I reserved room only, no package. When I called about something else I also asked about the balance due and the gentleman said not worry about it since I sent my deposit. Well I called the other day, after the time the amount was due and they said I still had my reservation.

I'm pretty sure that the new policy says that balances must be paid 30 days in advance. You can still cancel your reservations up to 7 days prior and get refunded, but you have to pay in advance for your campsite.

I think now, if you purchase a room/campsite only reservation from CRO.. using a discount code or ap discount it is listed as a room only package. This is a new thing to me too..

On our recent trip to PO-R, we too had that message on our confirmation sheet. I called and the CM I spoke with said that Disney was trying to get people to pay the balance before arriving but it was not necessary.

OK, the wife was right. So was the CM I spoke with at CRO. I AM paranoid (no surprise really). We just received a “modified confirmation” in the mail. No mention of paying the balance 30 days ahead of time. The next 25 days can now be worry free... that is... until I find something ELSE to worry about;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter