Paradise Pier

my2boyz

Mouseketeer
I haven't read anything with recent experiences from PP. We are booking a last min trip (which is not usually our style ) so we're limited as to what is available for hotels. The Good Neighbour hotels are mostly sold or more expensive than PP (there's a conference going on same week).
Is the construction at PP really bad right now? We could technically book three nights there or do a split stay and have one night at either GC or DL. What would you do? If you were to choose the three nights at PP since it wouldn't require changing hotels is there anything specific I should be requesting at PP? Any help would be great as we need to book asap.
Thanks!

We stayed there 3 nights at the very end of Jan. We thought it was fine. The room clearly needs a makeover (and that’s obviously coming) but we had no issues with the construction. Frankly, we were stoked to be able to use the pool elsewhere. Nice to pay PP prices but get other hotel amenities! We took full advantage of early entry by checking in at 6am and used it every day of our stay.

We could use our key to use the GC gate to enter DT Disney from GC in the morning. (Which hasn’t been available to me on prior stays about 5 years ago) The Paradise Pier entrance/exit from DCA is super convenient after WoC. We didn’t try it in the morning.

They offered free coffee machines (espresso, lattes, mochas, hot chocolate, regular coffee - like 25 different choices) in the grab and go food convenience store they have set up in the former…arcade(?). Which wasn’t amazing coffee but definitely kicked off our morning and warmed us up after we got dumped on by rain and we came back to wait it out.

One night the water was going to be off for 6 hrs between something like 11:30pm and 5am. They delivered bottled water and Pixar blankets to our room the day before to remind us and as a token of their appreciation for our patience.

We knew what we were getting and had low expectations. And I think it was a great stay! We’d definitely stay again.

We stayed there 3 nights at the very end of Jan. We thought it was fine. The room clearly needs a makeover (and that’s obviously coming) but we had no issues with the construction. Frankly, we were stoked to be able to use the pool elsewhere. Nice to pay PP prices but get other hotel amenities! We took full advantage of early entry by checking in at 6am and used it every day of our stay.

We could use our key to use the GC gate to enter DT Disney from GC in the morning. (Which hasn’t been available to me on prior stays about 5 years ago) The Paradise Pier entrance/exit from DCA is super convenient after WoC. We didn’t try it in the morning.

They offered free coffee machines (espresso, lattes, mochas, hot chocolate, regular coffee - like 25 different choices) in the grab and go food convenience store they have set up in the former…arcade(?). Which wasn’t amazing coffee but definitely kicked off our morning and warmed us up after we got dumped on by rain and we came back to wait it out.

One night the water was going to be off for 6 hrs between something like 11:30pm and 5am. They delivered bottled water and Pixar blankets to our room the day before to remind us and as a token of their appreciation for our patience.

We knew what we were getting and had low expectations. And I think it was a great stay! We’d definitely stay again.
I second this. I was there the first week of January with my 3 year old went in knowing there would be no lobby per say and other than that we didn't notice the construction at all. We loved being able to use the Disneyland Hotel pool but not paying Disneyland Hotel prices. We did use the Paradise Pier entry one morning during early entry and it was great. We also exited there both nights and it was such an easy walk back to the hotel. I would stay there again too.

We just stayed there 2 weeks ago and had no issues. checked in online and got our room assignment via text. No construction issues at all. Grab and go area is nice. And that side entrance to DCA is amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter