• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paradise pier walkway is open!

I think this is enough for us to pull the trigger and stay at Paradise Pier during our October stay!

Can you use the entrance to Grand Californian as a non-hotel guest on Disneyland drive to go get food and use those amenities? I know there's all these rules about not using it as a cut through but what if you're wanting to visit the actual hotel?

I think this is enough for us to pull the trigger and stay at Paradise Pier during our October stay!

Can you use the entrance to Grand Californian as a non-hotel guest on Disneyland drive to go get food and use those amenities? I know there's all these rules about not using it as a cut through but what if you're wanting to visit the actual hotel?
Nope.

Only if you have a confirmed dining reservation at the GCH restaurant can you enter through the GCH Hotel's front doors. . Lookie-Loos and quick serve and bar/lounge patrons that are not GCH hotel guests must sell use the DTD or DCA entrance to GCH.

Can anyone confirm this? VGC guests using it as an entrance or exit?
My daughters and I used the new entrance yesterday evening. We are staying at GCH and we had no problem. We exited out the pedestrian gate at the front of GCH and the new PPH park entrance gate is right next to it. We used our GCH hotel key to open the gate. The walkway runs down the side of the GCH and past the VGC barbecue area, so I’m thinking GCH/VGC guests can also access the path from there. Just a little further up there is a very nice covered security station. There were about 8 security personnel but my two daughters and I were the only guests. I think they were glad to have something to do! Then right after security is the area to scan into the parks. It’s a pleasant little walk and definitely helpful if you’re heading back to Pixar Pier. The only other person we saw (besides security and the pass checker) was a nice gentleman out barbecuing at the VGC barbecues.

I wonder if you will be able to use this walkway to enter for Oogie Boogie Bash when it begins or if you will have to use the main entrance?

Heads up about my recent question: recent reviews (as in as recent as a few days ago) on Trip Advisor/Google state you can use your PP room key to access GCH gate to cut through to DTD/DL so must be a recent change?

Has anybody who isn’t staying at PP hotel tried to use the Pixar pier gate exit after world of color? I think our car is going to be in the lot next to the hotel and I really don’t want to walk back through the esplanade downtown Disney.

Has anybody who isn’t staying at PP hotel tried to use the Pixar pier gate exit after world of color? I think our car is going to be in the lot next to the hotel and I really don’t want to walk back through the esplanade downtown Disney.

We use it all the time when we stay at VGC and DLH, so I would assume you’d be fine. No one is checking on the way out to make sure those who are exiting are PPH guests.

We used it to exit after world of color about a month ago. Much faster getting back to DLH, where we were staying. We’ve used it many times exiting CA to walk back to DLH.

We used it to exit after world of color about a month ago. Much faster getting back to DLH, where we were staying. We’ve used it many times exiting CA to walk back to DLH.
Just to pay forward the information I’ve gathered here— we left after world of color via the Paradise Pier gate— there was a sign that said resort guests only but security was only paying attention to the people heading in as far as I can tell.

I'm glad to hear you can exit without being a hotel guest will save me some time not having to walk all the way through DTD back to my hotel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter