parade music

nee

Mouseketeer
I really miss the music from main st electrical parade at WDW and wondered if it is still at DLP as I have not been there for 5 yrs. Also is the midday parade the same as WDW, and are their any new attractions ?

OK, nee... Here you go!!

MSEP has been replaced by Tokyo's Fantillusion parade.
(Pictures: http://www.photosmagiques.com/parades/fantillusion.php)

The daytime parade in Paris is not the same as WDW, but the floats are here being used for quite some time!!
(Pictures: http://www.photosmagiques.com/parades/princess_parade.php)

A new themepark has been opened next to the Disneyland Park (in case you didn't know yet). It's called the Walt Disney Studios park.
(Pictures: http://www.photosmagiques.com/wds/)

Space Mountain got an overhaull this month: Space Mountain Mission 2. The track is the same, but it has now a faster launch and amazing special effects during the ride.

In 2006, Buzz Lightyears Space Adventures will open (the same ride as in Disneyland Anaheim).

In 2007 will the Toon Studios open with 2 attractions: a Finding Nemo ride and a Cars attraction, ofcourse in the Walt Disney Studios park.

In 2008 will Tower of Terror receive it's first guests in the same Studios park.

There you go, if you have more questions, just shoot! ;)

The Main Street Electrical parade is no longer at DLP - it finished quite a few years ago now. BUT if you do go to DLP you can buy the souvenir DVD (I'll try and find a link to some info about it) and it has the whole MSE parade on there!!

As for new attractions, we now have a new park - the Studios. I can't tell you much about it, I've only managed to spend a couple of hours there so far. It's not a huge park, but it does have the car stunt show and Rock 'n RollerCoaster. I'm sure others can tell you more - and indeed, Raptor just has!!! :teeth:

Here's the link to the DVD - I'm sure I read somewhere that they actually show most of the parade, but it still sounds great if you're a fan!

Thanks for your replies, I will probably be taking my DD11 there in the summer holls

I miss the MSEP too! I have the music though (which I think I bought at WDW)

Well there are 3 "movies" on this dvd.

One is a souvenire film about the resort, quite cheesy to be honest.

The second is a live recording of the Fantillusion parade.

And the third is a making of feature, called From one lightbulb to another. It shows 2 important things: the farewell of MSEP and the welcoming of Fantillusion.
There are a lot of interviews with Imagineers, someone from costuming, Kate Dublois from Entertainment, lots of DLRP fans and very enjoyable, the inventor of the famous Main Street Electrical Parade tune.

I never seen MSEP, but do like the DVD that I picked up in the summer that shows this and Fantallusion :)

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter