• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paper Tickets?

Stacy9402

Mouseketeer
We are going to buy tickets through AAA for Disneyland. I plan on adding them to the app to reserve the parks. But once we get to Disneyland, can we get small credit card size tickets so if I am not with my family they can still get into the park or can everybody be logged into the app with my login?

TIA

For multi-day tickets, they scanned the barcodes on the app on our first day and automatically printed paper tickets for us. (Everyone's tickets were linked to one login on the app, so pretty easy to swipe through them. I think the same ticket can be linked by multiple logins too.)

I just hop in this thread instead of making one of my own because I have basically the same question…

I got worried because I skimmed through some Facebook groups and saw a report that the CM at the turnstiles don’t print out paper tickets anymore… even when you ask for one…
is that true? No more paper tickets at all?
I am not sure how reliable those Facebook groups are but trust the DIS family :disrocks:

Is there any form of backup plan (besides paying for a magic band), if you don’t have tech-savvy parents, who would hate to use their smartphone to scan into the parks…

I don't even have a smartphone, so if me and DH split up going in the park, I am stuffed!! I have printed off our tickets and am hoping for a normal card ticket when we get there!

I got worried because I skimmed through some Facebook groups and saw a report that the CM at the turnstiles don’t print out paper tickets anymore… even when you ask for one…
They automatically printed paper tickets for us at the end of June. This was for multi-day tickets and we scanned in at the PPH entrance. We didn't even need to ask.

They automatically printed paper tickets for us at the end of June. This was for multi-day tickets and we scanned in at the PPH entrance. We didn't even need to ask.
We were there end of June with multi day tickets and they did not print tickets for us. I asked because what if my phone battery dies and they said they don't print them out anymore. Everyone in our party has a phone and a Disney account so they had their own ticket linked and were able to use it on their phone.

I just hop in this thread instead of making one of my own because I have basically the same question…

I am not sure how reliable those Facebook groups are but trust the DIS family :disrocks:

Is there any form of backup plan (besides paying for a magic band), if you don’t have tech-savvy parents, who would hate to use their smartphone to scan into the parks…
We did not get printed tickets a few weeks ago and were told no when asked for some. You can have your parents take a screen shot of their ticket and add it to their home screen. I think there is a way to get printed tickets but they did not give them to us.

We were just there last week, with 5-day tickets, but they didn't automatically print them, and when we asked for them they said they don't do that anymore as they went "paperless". Seemed like a cop out but I didn't push too hard and just went through once we were all scanned in. Using my phone for lightning lanes wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Eventually I got the hang of swiping and was pretty efficient at getting all of us scanned in quickly each time.

I wonder if we ran into CMs in a good mood that day. We were the only ones at that turnstile at the time. Good to know I should still print out our tickets at home. 🤷‍♀️

So if I want my kids to be able to scan into LLs on their own, I need to print them a copy of the barcode? They don’t have smartphones and I’d rather not buy MBs just for this…

So if I want my kids to be able to scan into LLs on their own, I need to print them a copy of the barcode? They don’t have smartphones and I’d rather not buy MBs just for this…
I think there is probably a way to get paper tickets because not everyone has a phone but i don't know how. Maybe City hall but it probably involves getting a line and that was not worth it to me.

We were there end of June with multi day tickets and they did not print tickets for us. I asked because what if my phone battery dies and they said they don't print them out anymore. Everyone in our party has a phone and a Disney account so they had their own ticket linked and were able to use it on their phone.
Seems like such a silly policy, it should be "print upon request" rather than flat out no- even worse if it's based upon Cast Member's mood to print or not (since some seem fine with it and others deny)

There's many examples of guests who may not use phone or have apps/etc.... and starts off day on a sour note having to track down another method of obtaining printed ticket.

Seems like such a silly policy, it should be "print upon request" rather than flat out no- even worse if it's based upon Cast Member's mood to print or not (since some seem fine with it and others deny)

There's many examples of guests who may not use phone or have apps/etc.... and starts off day on a sour note having to track down another method of obtaining printed ticket.
I agree. I dont know what the policy is i just no we were told no when asked and i was the only one who asked since everyone in our party scanned in on their own device they scanned in and went through and i was the last one and asked if we got a printed ticket and they just said they have gone digital and I said ok thanks.

They did however ask us all for our CA id since we had bought the ca resident offer

This doesn’t sound promising…:eek::sad1:
It is weird though that it is apparently hit or miss…

I was expecting it to be on request only but that they stopped printing them all together is a major bummer…

I hope that the bar code that’s on the E-ticket works… or I guess I could print out a screen shot of the “ticket” as shown in the app…:scratchin
Does anyone have any experience with any way of printing the tickets at home? I know it works for the first admission but does it continue to work after that?

Making my parents use their phone for admission to the park is the last thing I wanna do :scared::teacher::rolleyes2… there will be way to much moaning by my dad to me and then in the end to those poor CM at the turnstiles…

At least I am kind of prepared now …

I was expecting it to be on request only but that they stopped printing them all together is a major bummer…

I hope that the bar code that’s on the E-ticket works… or I guess I could print out a screen shot of the “ticket” as shown in the app…:scratchin
Does anyone have any experience with any way of printing the tickets at home? I know it works for the first admission but does it continue to work after that?

Making my parents use their phone for admission to the park is the last thing I wanna do :scared::teacher::rolleyes2… there will be way to much moaning by my dad to me and then in the end to those poor CM at the turnstiles…

When scanning into lightning lanes, I was always in the habit of pulling up our main ticket barcode instead of the one that comes up when you select Redeem on a booked LL, so it's gotta be the exact same barcode. In other words, if the barcode works to get you in the barcode it should work to scan into the LL scanners, the only issue is that you need it to be roughly the same size as a phone since the LL scanners have a slot where the phone slides into where as at the front turnstiles, they have mobile devices that can scan a variety of sizes of barcodes.

Will your parents be going in by themselves at all? DH is never prepared with his ticket so i always scan him in when I go in. I have everyone's tickets on my phone and everyone has their individual pass on theirs so i have DH take pics and stuff so my battery doesn't die but i always have a portable charger anyways.

And you should be able to use the paper ticket you print at home

Will your parents be going in by themselves at all? DH is never prepared with his ticket so i always scan him in when I go in. I have everyone's tickets on my phone and everyone has their individual pass on theirs so i have DH take pics and stuff so my battery doesn't die but i always have a portable charger anyways.

And you should be able to use the paper ticket you print at home
Yes, in the morning I usually scan all of us in (I am way faster with my phone than them trying to put the ticket on the scanner)
And yes, my dad plans midday breaks to get some rest while I do open to close…(actually I plan midday breaks for him …even though he is still very fit and runs marathons he gets a little cranky if he doesn’t get enough sleep…:rotfl:)

We will figure something out… thanks for the help!

But it’s good to be prepared so I can print the tickets at home…

Yes, in the morning I usually scan all of us in (I am way faster with my phone than them trying to put the ticket on the scanner)
And yes, my dad plans midday breaks to get some rest while I do open to close…(actually I plan midday breaks for him …even though he is still very fit and runs marathons he gets a little cranky if he doesn’t get enough sleep…:rotfl:)

We will figure something out… thanks for the help!

But it’s good to be prepared so I can print the tickets at home…
Maybe if you say your dad doesn't have a phone or something? I am being hopeful here, we are going in August and not looking forward to having to scan for everyone all the time if they don't give us paper tickets :(

Maybe if you say your dad doesn't have a phone or something? I am being hopeful here, we are going in August and not looking forward to having to scan for everyone all the time if they don't give us paper tickets :(
I think maybe maybe if you scan in with a paper ticket you printed they give you a paper ticket, but if you scan in with your phone they do not.

I think maybe maybe if you scan in with a paper ticket you printed they give you a paper ticket, but if you scan in with your phone they do not.
mmmhh might be worth printing them out then in case it gives us better chances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter