Panoramagique balloon back

Thank you Cherry!

It's something I still would like to do - never done it yet! We've tried a couple of times and each time the weather wasn't right!! Maybe next year...

It's a great view on a fine day although over all too soon! The ascent/descent is very gentle. You can walk around the basket to see in all directions and it's fun to spot your favourite attractions or even just get peaks of areas usually hidden from view. Worth doing at least once I think and although I've never done it at night I imagine that is pretty good too.

Good to see it back :) although the weather looks a bit grey at the moment, just like here! Agree it's very gentle, we've one here at home and it's quite a bit bumpier ascending and descending.

We've gone up both at night and in the day, and equally enjoyed both although remember you'll see some backstage areas in the day - I'd say try and do both at least once.

We have been on it a few times and have been trying to get on it for the past 6 or 7 trips, but it was always closed when we walked past. I am going to try to go on it again when it opens next week.

Yes, I've wondered about seeing the backstage bits. Anyone who looks at DLRP on Google Earth will tell you how strange it looks from above. I still would love to give it a go - maybe next year!

I can't recall, do they do Shareholder discount - anyone know?

I think they do a shareholder discount. I will report back next week as I will either use that or an AP discount if they do that.

Answered my own question lol! On the corporate shareholder's site:

10% discount on tickets for flights on the world's largest helium-filled passenger balloon situated in Disney® Village.

However, it says:

Offer available for Shareholders Club cards owner(s) only.

So, not a massive discount if it's only available on the SH themselves.

What's the AP discount on this like? I still can't decide whether it's worth us getting APs for next year if we decide to go twice? I'd go for the cheapest I can - Fantasy I suppose, having checked BO days there's no issue with dates for us. Both DDs won't be 'free' on offers next year - DD2 might be if I used an under 12 offer. It just seems a waste getting APs as well as SH as we get discounts with SH card, esp if we go for the cheaper AP, there won't be much, if any discount on shops etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter