• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pandora Question

Tuffcookie

Enjoys an early hour of peace. Is a smart cookie.
So, We missed the grand opening of Pandora Land by 1 week last year and are looking forward to seeing it this trip. I have 1 week to decide what FP+s I want to schedule. Number 1 is going to be Avatar Flight of Passage. I have heard awesome things about this attraction so I hope we are not dissapointed. We finally got to see Rivers of Light on our last trip and I was very dissapointed in that!

For anyone who has been to AKP and experienced Pandora Land, if you planned to visit AKP 2 days, would you book the flight of Passage both days or would you book Flight of Passage 1 day and schedule tha Navi River ride the other day? Is the Navi Ride as good as the Flight of Passage?

Thanks for your help!

TC :cool1:

I would absolutely do one each day. FoP is amazing and maybe the best attraction in all of WDW. I was SHAKING when I got off the ride last September, it was so fantastic. I did it by myself because my 30 y.o. daughter took her 4 y.o. to the boneyard to play... My daughter is super sensitive to simulators and was worried about barfing so we chose not to child swap. BUT. On our next AK day after that unbelievable experience (for me) we all did N'avi River Journey and it was.... lovely. Magical. We loved it. I wasn't able to snag another FP during the week for FoP, but we did get another for NRJ and we loved it all over again. It's gorgeous. Don't miss it.

I’d not only do FOP both days with a FP, I’d also rope drop FOP both those days as well.

Do the Navi River after rope dropping for flight of passage, the line won’t be that bad in the morning since most people are trying to get on FOP at that time.

I’d not only do FOP both days with a FP, I’d also rope drop FOP both those days as well.

Do the Navi River after rope dropping for flight of passage, the line won’t be that bad in the morning since most people are trying to get on FOP at that time.

OP, if you decide to do this, rope drop for FOP does NOT mean get there at rope drop. It means you have to be at AK about 45 min to an hour BEFORE rope drop. If you get there at rope drop, you'll be waiting a couple hours to ride.

FoP twice if you can. Enjoyed Na'vi River, but would never waste a FP on that again. Might go on if standby line is short enough. As DD put it, it's Pirates of the Caribbean without the story line.

So, We missed the grand opening of Pandora Land by 1 week last year and are looking forward to seeing it this trip. I have 1 week to decide what FP+s I want to schedule. Number 1 is going to be Avatar Flight of Passage. I have heard awesome things about this attraction so I hope we are not dissapointed. We finally got to see Rivers of Light on our last trip and I was very dissapointed in that!

For anyone who has been to AKP and experienced Pandora Land, if you planned to visit AKP 2 days, would you book the flight of Passage both days or would you book Flight of Passage 1 day and schedule tha Navi River ride the other day? Is the Navi Ride as good as the Flight of Passage?

Thanks for your help!

TC :cool1:
FoP both days for sure. It is an amazing ride, and the lines for it still get really long. We spent one day in AK last summer. We rode NrJ standby at rope drop with a short wait, and then FoP later with FP+. My son's only real request for this year was that we ride FoP more than once. As a result, we will be spending 2 days in AK this summer, using our FP+ for FoP both days.

FOP both days. River Journey is pretty to look at, but in my opinion the ride isn't anything special. I would do FOP for my fast passes and try to catch River Journey on the fly or at rope drop or closing time. We caught it near closing time and we were able to get right on with no wait.

like others have said FO Pboth days and I might even RD FOP one morning too. I have ridden FOP about 50 times and the river one just twice if this tells you something ( and I only did the river ride again because I was with someone that had not gone on it and could not get FOP FP)

I just got home yesterday. I would get FP for FOP both days. You will want to ride it more than once. If you also want to rope drop be sure to get their 45-60 minutes earlier. Last Friday we got there at rope drop to ride Na'vi. They had already opened Pandora and the crowd had gone ahead of us. The Na'vi ride had a wait of 45 minutes. After the ride the FOP line was stretched almost to Finding Nemo. Have fun it is a wonderful ride!

Agree completely with all PP! FOP both days. Na'vi is nice but not worth the FP+. I had never rope dropped before our last trip but couldn't get an FOP FP+ and I wanted to try it. So glad I did! Nothing compares!

Thanks everyone! I knew you guys would steer me right! :hug:

TC:cool1:

I'll be the one dissenting voice here, I'd only FP FOP once then FP Navi the second day. FOP is just o.k. with me, as a matter of fact when I'm there solo I don't even ride it. I ride it when I'm there with my son because he enjoys it but it's just o.k. for me. I love Navi. No it's not a thrill ride, its a nice quiet pretty boat ride. There are a lot of details, I actually enjoy that one more than FOP.

We loved both rides, but FOP is the one that gets insane wait times all day, so fast pass it twice. With Na'vi River, you can ride with a reasonable or short wait at rope drop, or near closing time. A half hour before the park closed, we breezed in twice!

We were just at AK on Friday 2/23 - we had afternoon FP for FOP. We got in the standby line for Navi River at 8:25pm (park closing 8:30) with a posted wait of 35 mins. We were thru the line and off the ride in 15 mins. It's beautiful but I'm glad we did it that way and didn't use a FP. I'd FP Flight of Passage as much as possible and rope drop it too next time. It was AMAZING.

Reactions: msk
I'd do two FP for FoP. Na'vi was cool, but having ridden both, under no circumstance would I want to ride each once rather than riding FoP twice. Rope drop for Na'vi--everyone else there will be wanting to get on FoP, so you'll get right on Na'vi and you'll probably even get to do it twice if you really like it.

We've had excellent luck with walking onto Navi just before park close. One time the posted wait time was 40 min, but we were on in 15.

I would make both FPs for FoP and plan an evening in AK.

FoP both days! I'd try to pick up Navi river ride on the fly as FP #4.

Have people had luck with this? We are doing one AK day and were THRILLED to get FOP for 12:15. Because we plan to do TH breakfast PPO and then ride KJ, rope dropping NRJ is not an option... and I had just resigned myself to skipping NRJ this time around. (We're aiming not to spend more than 30 minutes in any line, and my 4yo probably doesn't have it in him to stay until closing.) I'd be very excited to hear people's thoughts of the likelihood of us getting NRJ FPs after we tag in to FOP (which is FP #3 for us) at 12:15!

Have people had luck with this? We are doing one AK day and were THRILLED to get FOP for 12:15. Because we plan to do TH breakfast PPO and then ride KJ, rope dropping NRJ is not an option... and I had just resigned myself to skipping NRJ this time around. (We're aiming not to spend more than 30 minutes in any line, and my 4yo probably doesn't have it in him to stay until closing.) I'd be very excited to hear people's thoughts of the likelihood of us getting NRJ FPs after we tag in to FOP (which is FP #3 for us) at 12:15!
Not sure when your trip is, but 4th FP for NRJ was not available when we were there on 2/23.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter