PANDORA OPEN NOW. TO EVERYONE!

...and while open to everyone, were they limiting the number of people into the land?

...and while open to everyone, were they limiting the number of people into the land?

There did not appear to be a limit. The Flight of Passage ride is really cool. We rode it at one of the previews a few times. The River Journey ride is pretty, but weak on the storytelling imo.

They were only doing standby lines today - no FP+ were being handed out and they were not granting return times for the DAS.

I ate at Satuli'i Canteen and ordered with my phone with little to no wait, and the food was very good. Reminded me of Panera.

There are two entrances. One near the entrance to Festival of the Lion King, and the other on the right side of the Tree of Life, when you walk in

There did not appear to be a limit. The Flight of Passage ride is really cool. We rode it at one of the previews a few times. The River Journey ride is pretty, but weak on the storytelling imo.

They were only doing standby lines today - no FP+ were being handed out and they were not granting return times for the DAS.

I definitely agree about the weak storytelling in the River Journey. The special effects are amazing, and the Na'vi Shaman AA is unlike anything I've seen before. There is another AA of a Na'vi, but it isn't impressive at all. I didn't get to see the Flight of Passage, but I have FP tomorrow morning.

Will anyone else be there? DIS meetup???

I'm not that impressed with it. The lines are way too long and the rides are way too short. What's with Disney and their new short rides (7 dwarves)? I want to at least feel like the long awful lines I'm waiting in are worth it. 2 hour lines for 2 minute rides??? No thanks, I'll go on with something that isn't a waste of my time.

Give me Splash Mountain and Pirates anyday over this new junk. It looks like Disney is trying too hard to be like Universal. I don't need to be shaken around with screens all around me for a couple of minutes. Heck the lines seem better than the attractions.

Plus the food looks so alien and inedible. Meat salads and fat free tasting chocolate doesn't excite me.

I'm not that impressed with it. The lines are way too long and the rides are way too short. What's with Disney and their new short rides (7 dwarves)? I want to at least feel like the long awful lines I'm waiting in are worth it. 2 hour lines for 2 minute rides??? No thanks, I'll go on with something that isn't a waste of my time.

Give me Splash Mountain and Pirates anyday over this new junk. It looks like Disney is trying too hard to be like Universal. I don't need to be shaken around with screens all around me for a couple of minutes. Heck the lines seem better than the attractions.

Plus the food looks so alien and inedible. Meat salads and fat free tasting chocolate doesn't excite me.
I can understand the boat ride length complaints but I don't think I've seen anyone complain that flight of Passage is too short. It's roughly five minutes and it's a simulator. Star Tours and Soarin aren't really longer than that. Disney is not trying to be universal. Many feel Disney did very good with the screens and physical sets on the boat ride. I'd also say don't knock until you try it.

Did you get the impression that the attractions were moving at full capacity. For me, seeing if Disney designs all new attractions, with the capacity to process large numbers is more important that the ride length itself. A 2 minute ride is fine, if the line isn't very long.

I can understand the boat ride length complaints but I don't think I've seen anyone complain that flight of Passage is too short. It's roughly five minutes and it's a simulator. Star Tours and Soarin aren't really longer than that. Disney is not trying to be universal. Many feel Disney did very good with the screens and physical sets on the boat ride. I'd also say don't knock until you try it.

It felt short to me but I also didn't wait that long to ride it.. I'm sure the complaints with general admission are going to increase once they get over the initial, that was amazing.. Thinking now, I wouldn't wait in standby for this ride, it's too short.

It felt short to me but I also didn't wait that long to ride it.. I'm sure the complaints with general admission are going to increase once they get over the initial, that was amazing.. Thinking now, I wouldn't wait in standby for this ride, it's too short.

I completely agree. I ended up waiting 40 minutes for it, and (other than the Shaman and occasional projection) it wasn't any better than Pirates.

Did you get the impression that the attractions were moving at full capacity. For me, seeing if Disney designs all new attractions, with the capacity to process large numbers is more important that the ride length itself. A 2 minute ride is fine, if the line isn't very long.

They are not two minute ride. FOP runs about 5 minutes and NRJ runs about 4 minutes. By comparison, FJ runs about 4 and EFG runs about 5. It's more about the quality of the ride than the length.

Am I the only one that never expected Na'vi River Journey to have a "story?" I expected great scenery and that appears to be what was delivered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter