Panama Planning

I called DCL last week and they had some general information that was helpful.

There will be one formal night (3rd night) and one semi-formal (don't remember).

Also at the end there will be a pirate night on the 29th followed by a Ballroom under the Stars themed night which could really be considered the second formal night. I really think this is the big night for the Prince Charming and Cinderellas to shine.

There are tropical and mexican theme nights, but the cruise really ends with a bang on two consecutive nights: Pirates on the 29th and Princesses on the 30th.

You have been more successful in getting out information from DCL than anyone else so far, on the repo thread today a few have called DCL, and haven't got an answer, or the answer it hasn't been planed as yet and they are waiting for the W/bound to finish first to see cruiser comments.

Its interesting, you sure they were not thinking of the W/Bound?

To quote DCL to me:-

Deck Parties - Up on deck, you will enjoy three high energy evening deck
parties. These will be experienced at Aruba, Acapulco, and Cabo San
Lucas. Two afternoon deck parties will also be offered on these cruises.

Your saying the deck party will be at Sea on 29/30th.

The formal night cannot be the 3rd night, as we are in Cabo that day and leave 5.30pm, and they do not have formal nights on port days. It will be the first at sea day between LA and Cabo,

By Princesses do you just mean a formal night to get all dressed up or is there a Princess theme night?
I may have to get a ballgown afterall!!

Do you happen to know if in Cabo there is a beach you can walk to? I think we are going to take a boat excursion along the coast, but I'd like to see what one of the beaches are like without spending a lot of time on the beach. Plus, we'll have to find some fish tacos for my husband!

Do you happen to know if in Cabo there is a beach you can walk to? I think we are going to take a boat excursion along the coast, but I'd like to see what one of the beaches are like without spending a lot of time on the beach. Plus, we'll have to find some fish tacos for my husband!

Best beaches you have to get a small boat to like the often photographed Lovers Beach and Los Arcos, there are other beaches ,but a taxi ride away, nothing to walk to from the port.

By Princesses do you just mean a formal night to get all dressed up or is there a Princess theme night?
I may have to get a ballgown afterall!!

A bunch of us are actually going all out princess one night....tiaras and everything....just haven't quite pinned down which day it will be

Really??? I may have to bring my tiara along... I never thought of that and won't feel silly if others are doing it as well. Do you think a ballgown would be too much though? It might be too much for my luggage!

Really??? I may have to bring my tiara along... I never thought of that and won't feel silly if others are doing it as well. Do you think a ballgown would be too much though? It might be too much for my luggage!

I'll have at least 1 ballgown. Hoping to find another one that I like and that fits before we sail.

Be sure to check out the first post of our meet thread. We've got a lot of activities planned.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1821027

Soo...nice. I find now I am not paid up, and my TA (as usual) is apparently not checking emails this weekend. So hopefully there'll be something left by whenever I'm bookable.

Went into the reservations system today and was told ''not paid in full' then after log in and log out many times got a brunch.

System crashed, I am pleased I prebooked Cabo PV and Aruba so just had to snagg 1/2 ports trips and Brunch and Dinner,

Well managed to get everything booked by 5.30 a.m. apart from Palo Brnch which I did book for one at sea day and now on checking again at 8.a.m. not showing any availability. Nevermind - have sorted excursions after a struggle.
Good luck to everyone - there does not seem to have been a rush on many of the excursions.
Bren

Just checked our reservation and now allocated stateroom 7066 so all good to go now. There also seems to be openings on other decks available too.
Disney have been busy I think.
Bren

Well managed to get everything booked by 5.30 a.m. apart from Palo Brnch which I did book for one at sea day and now on checking again at 8.a.m. not showing any availability. Nevermind - have sorted excursions after a struggle.
Good luck to everyone - there does not seem to have been a rush on many of the excursions.
Bren

Just checked our reservation and now allocated stateroom 7066 so all good to go now. There also seems to be openings on other decks available too.
Disney have been busy I think.
Bren

Congrats on your room and your bookings, time wise you did far better than me, I was still working on it at 7am after 2 hours.

Can you do the online check in?

Hi,

Just completed the online check in bit had done most of it previously - good luck can I start packing now?

Been trying to download yet another deck plan so I can pinpoint where out room is if I did not know already cannot get it to print small enough.

Still no luck with palo brunch never mind
Bren

Anyone any good link to the cruise at present and want to have a look and see how things are going? Andrew perhaps I should have woken you at 5.a.m .
Bren

Hi,

Just completed the online check in bit had done most of it previously - good luck can I start packing now?

Been trying to download yet another deck plan so I can pinpoint where out room is if I did not know already cannot get it to print small enough.

Still no luck with palo brunch never mind
Bren

Anyone any good link to the cruise at present and want to have a look and see how things are going? Andrew perhaps I should have woken you at 5.a.m .
Bren

Actually I was up at 3am! deck plans are you looking at the ones above under planning, you could save thoose into pictures on yuor computer.

7066 very good location, Port side, the side I choose for panama, and midship, actually the middle of the ship,

I awoke earlier too so afraid to oversleep - we have stayed in 7074 and 7099 and was very happy so am sure we will be just great.

Have you managed your on-line confirmation bits yet only bit I find confusing this time is visa number which I am juust going to ignore. Managed to do all other bits including after cruise stay at Old Key West - trouble is with doing it so early it is still a while to go.
Bren

I awoke earlier too so afraid to oversleep - we have stayed in 7074 and 7099 and was very happy so am sure we will be just great.

Have you managed your on-line confirmation bits yet only bit I find confusing this time is visa number which I am juust going to ignore. Managed to do all other bits including after cruise stay at Old Key West - trouble is with doing it so early it is still a while to go.
Bren

Firstly location, great place, ( and do not tell anyone, for Panama my guess its the side to see the 'other' lock lane at each of the locks)
You will be 'coast side' all the way down from LA to Panama, sometimes you will see Mexico and the other counties, and should face the fort at Acapulco.
Next, yes did the on line check in came up at 9.00am,

Visa 'ignore' you are on the visa waiver system I presume, unless you have a 'visa' in your passport, ignore it.

Firstly location, great place, ( and do not tell anyone, for Panama my guess its the side to see the 'other' lock lane at each of the locks)
You will be 'coast side' all the way down from LA to Panama, sometimes you will see Mexico and the other counties, and should face the fort at Acapulco.
Next, yes did the on line check in came up at 9.00am,

Visa 'ignore' you are on the visa waiver system I presume, unless you have a 'visa' in your passport, ignore it.

Thanks for the port side info..were are deck 7 mid too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter