Palo, table for 7?

DCLCrazy64622

DIS Veteran
I am at a loss here. Palo will not accommodate a table of 7, and when I filled out the request to use the formal dining room they turned me down because you need a minimum of 8 in order to be eligible for it. I can’t find a reservation for 2 tables at the same time, the best I can do is 30 minutes apart, which is no fun. Can anyone give me advice that’s been there and done that? This is for dinner, by the way.

I needed a table for 7 and they offered a table for 3 and a table for 4 next to each other (if possible) at the same time. Their largest tables just seat 4, so we got two 4 tops.

They did that to me when I asked for a table for 8. They said they don't have any and it would have to be 4 and 4. But when we arrived, they had pushed two tables together to make us a table for 8. I would go ahead and book the two reservations 30 minutes apart and then as soon as you board the ship the first day, go to where they are taking Palo reservations and speak to them about combining the two reservations. If nothing else, they should at least be able to ensure that you have reservations at the same time and hopefully next to each other (even if they can't push the tables together). Ours was for brunch so they may not want to create the larger table for dinner. But it can't hurt to ask.

We had a table for 8 on the Wonder. It was a separate room in Palo. We had no idea until we walked in. It was amazing!

They only seat up to 4 together? We are travelling with 5 adults in January and I had no idea this was going to be a problem.

They only seat up to 4 together? We are travelling with 5 adults in January and I had no idea this was going to be a problem.
We had a table for 5 both cruises in 2015 and 2017 with no issues. I just booked online and checked off all the adults with no problems.

I would go ahead and book the two reservations 30 minutes apart and then as soon as you board the ship the first day, go to where they are taking Palo reservations and speak to them about combining the two reservations.

This! This is exactly what I would do. And from PP that should do the trick! Happy planning! Loooooove Palo!!

Thanks everyone for the advice. I have reserved two tables 30 minutes apart and intend to make a beeline to the reservation desk on the first day to tell them the situation.

Which ship? I've had a group of 12 on the Fantasy without having to book the private room. They put tables together for us. On the Magic / Wonder though they don't have the space to do that.

We had six at Palo on the Wonder several meals on our very first cruise. Four in a booth and they added two chairs on the flat side of the table. Wouldn't work for seven but I bet they have some solution for you.

When we've wanted to adjust a Palo reservation, we either call Palo from our cabin and leave a message or go directly to the restaurant to ask for the change. No need to go stand in line at the location where changes are being requested on embarkation. Wow, that's an awkward sentence. Hope it makes sense. :jester:

Which ship? I've had a group of 12 on the Fantasy without having to book the private room. They put tables together for us. On the Magic / Wonder though they don't have the space to do that.

It was actually on the Wonder where they combined the tables for us. It was along the window right outside the door to the private room. My daughter and I sat have also at a 4-top on the other side of the room along the windows (close to the reception desk) and I don't see any reason why they couldn't combine two 4-tops there also.

I am at a loss here. Palo will not accommodate a table of 7, and when I filled out the request to use the formal dining room they turned me down because you need a minimum of 8 in order to be eligible for it. I can’t find a reservation for 2 tables at the same time, the best I can do is 30 minutes apart, which is no fun. Can anyone give me advice that’s been there and done that? This is for dinner, by the way.

My advice would be to head to the Palo reservation table once on board. For our last cruise, my oldest son just turned 18. I wanted to take him to Palo with my husband but I couldn't get reservations for 3. I was able to get two reservations; one for two and one for one person. So, when I got onboard, I went straight to the desk and the cast member was able to find a reservation (a half hour earlier) to fit our needs and cancel the original two reservations. I would take both reservations that you see online. It guarantees you are leaving space for yourselves.......

Thanks everyone for the advice. I have reserved two tables 30 minutes apart and intend to make a beeline to the reservation desk on the first day to tell them the situation.

And if they refuse, one party could show up 15 minutes late, and the other could show up 15 minutes early ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter