Palo, Remy, etc...

Clojel

DIS Veteran
Ok, need some input :) We just booked our 2nd DCL cruise for this November on the Dream. Last time, hubby and I did dinner at Palo and we LOVED it. But, now I'm torn for this second trip. Its only a 4 night so I don't think we can do both Palo and Remy and I'm trying to decide whether we should stick with what we know or try something new. Any input on Remy? We chose Palo the first time b/c I'm kind of a picky eater. Very much a pasta OR meat & potatoes kind of gal. Does anyone have any insight into Remy for a picky eater? TIA!

Try something new. Remy is amazing. The dishes aren't all strange/weird ingredients -- exceptionally well prepared, high-quality stuff.

Ok, need some input :) We just booked our 2nd DCL cruise for this November on the Dream. Last time, hubby and I did dinner at Palo and we LOVED it. But, now I'm torn for this second trip. Its only a 4 night so I don't think we can do both Palo and Remy and I'm trying to decide whether we should stick with what we know or try something new. Any input on Remy? We chose Palo the first time b/c I'm kind of a picky eater. Very much a pasta OR meat & potatoes kind of gal. Does anyone have any insight into Remy for a picky eater? TIA!
A pasta or meat & potatoes kind of gal who is kind of a picky eater (and there's nothing wrong with that) is unlikely to enjoy a meal at Remy. There are few choices and the food is froufrou. The people who really like eating there are "foodie" types who like exploring new foods, more than the tried & true. I'm a non-foodie who eats to be sated and healthy, rather than to analyze ingredients, so I much preferred dining at Palo.

We love Palo and eat there every cruise. We at at Remy once, and it is a true dining experience, similar to Victoria and Albert.
DH prefers not to bring a suit and dress shoes, so we skip it. If I recall, there was a very limited menu so if you are a bit of a fussy eater, I would go to Palo instead.

A pasta or meat & potatoes kind of gal who is kind of a picky eater (and there's nothing wrong with that) is unlikely to enjoy a meal at Remy. There are few choices and the food is froufrou. The people who really like eating there are "foodie" types who like exploring new foods, more than the tried & true. I'm a non-foodie who eats to be sated and healthy, rather than to analyze ingredients, so I much preferred dining at Palo.

Shanti, that's kind of what I was thinking about Remy. Thanks for confirming my instincts! I think we'll probably do a 2nd Palo trip :)

I would consider myself a “foodie” and still only thought Remy was ok. To this day my hubby and I still talk about the squid ink ball and shudder! We’re doing Palo Brunch and Dinner on our upcoming cruise.

We have eaten at both. I’m a picky eater, my husband is a foodie. We both loved Palo, and both consider Remy one of the worst meals ever. I expected to not really like it......but he loves fine dining so I just usually go along and make the best of it. After the first bite of the salted caramel and foi gras starter I was DONE! And it really didn’t improve from there. We are eating at Palo on our next cruise. Would never go to Remy again.

We ate at Remy on the Fantasy and there was no salted caramel and foi gras starter, or squid ink ball. Is the menu that different on the Dream, or has the chef on the Fantasy gone all frou frou too?

We ate at Remy on the Fantasy and there was no salted caramel and foi gras starter, or squid ink ball. Is the menu that different on the Dream, or has the chef on the Fantasy gone all frou frou too?

The menu changes every so often. I would think the menu is the same on the Fantasy and the Dream since it's not the chefs on the ships that design the menu.

I think the salted caramel and foie gras was this (from the Fantasy in October):
IMG_1123.JPG

I thought it was pretty good. Food is very subjective! We didn't have the squid ink ball, though I'd be curious to try it. :)

I am a picky eater as well and I love Remy! It is definitely an "experience" meal, and because of that, I went in with an open mind to try new things. There were some things I didn't care for, but I loved most of it and always walk out stuffed. I disagree that Remy is just for foodies.

I am a picky eater as well and I love Remy! It is definitely an "experience" meal, and because of that, I went in with an open mind to try new things. There were some things I didn't care for, but I loved most of it and always walk out stuffed. I disagree that Remy is just for foodies.
This is exactly how I feel!! Good way to sum it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter