Palo Dinner Question

laevson4712

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, we have been avoiding Palo since all the changes cause we’re concerned it's not worth it anymore. Since we have an upcoming Alaska Cruise we are looking at maybe changing our outlook. My main question is how the a la carte works. So my favorite dish is the Dover Sole and I would absolutely love to have it again. If I order that am I paying an extra $32 on top of the $45 or do I have to now order the other courses a la carte as well? Thanks!

When you go to Palo for dinner, you can either choose to go with the 45$ prix fixe menu where you pick one item in each section to make a complete meal, or to order a-la-carte from the entire menu. So if you wanted the Dover Sole you would order that plus anything else a-la-carte that you want like an appetizers or desert. If ordering from the Carné section (meat) you would likely also want to order one of the sides since it doesn't come plated with one (by the way they are big enough to share!)

Aby

When you go to Palo for dinner, you can either choose to go with the 45$ prix fixe menu where you pick one item in each section to make a complete meal, or to order a-la-carte from the entire menu. So if you wanted the Dover Sole you would order that plus anything else a-la-carte that you want like an appetizers or desert. If ordering from the Carné section (meat) you would likely also want to order one of the sides since it doesn't come plated with one (by the way they are big enough to share!)

Aby
And at $4 each, those sides are a bargain. We usually get two to share, even when DW does the prix fixe menu.

If you choose to do à la carte, you get a $45 credit. If you spend over $45, you pay the difference. I recommend going and trying it out. Then you can decide if you think it is worth doing again or not.

If you choose to do à la carte, you get a $45 credit. If you spend over $45, you pay the difference. I recommend going and trying it out. Then you can decide if you think it is worth doing again or not.
This is true if you are Castaway Club Platinum or Pearl level and get a “free” dinner. If you are simply dining off the a la carte menu, you will pay for whatever you order.

So, If ordering from the La Carne section of prefixed menu, the meats do not come with a side and no option to add one? Also thinking that we are not fans of the antipasti and insalata choices on the prefixed menu and if no substitution like plain salad is allowed than maybe we should just go ala cart and choose what we want.

So, If ordering from the La Carne section of prefixed menu, the meats do not come with a side and no option to add one? Also thinking that we are not fans of the antipasti and insalata choices on the prefixed menu and if no substitution like plain salad is allowed than maybe we should just go ala cart and choose what we want.
The sides are not included in the prix fixe menu. However, our experience is if you chose the prix fixe menu, the sides are $4 each, it does not make the whole meal a la carte pricing.

You can price out whether it makes more sense to do the prix fixe menu, even if you skip a course, or just do a la carte.

I dined in Palo 3 times during back to back in November as Platinum. For the evening meal you either order from the prix fixe menu, which includes appetizer, entree and desert at a charge of $45, or you order whatever you want from the ala cart menu, platinum gets a $45 credit towards those items, then if your selections total over $45, you pay the difference. If you go for brunch you order from a menu and it is a straight $45 charge for whatever and as much as you want to order, no limitations . We paid out of pocket for brunch and used platinum benefit for the 2 dinners.

If ordering anything a la carte, you pay the autogratuity (18% - not more than I tip, anyway) on those items. No autogratuity on Prix Fixe.

Sides: if you go with Prix Fixe and order filet, it will be sitting on the potato, a
greens and sauce, as it has been for years.

From a la carte, If you order a filet, it will just be the piece of meat on the plate (think Ruth’s Chris plating). Sauce will be on the side.

You can do Prix Fixe and add items from a la carte. Yes, that would be $45 + cost of add-on items.

We have a reservation for 4 for our next trip. We have 5 people traveling between 2 cabins. If one of our 4 on the reservation decides not to go, can we replace that person with the one not on the reservation or do we have to call and officially change the reservation? Do they check the IDs/photos of those checking in at Palos for the dinner?

We have a reservation for 4 for our next trip. We have 5 people traveling between 2 cabins. If one of our 4 on the reservation decides not to go, can we replace that person with the one not on the reservation or do we have to call and officially change the reservation? Do they check the IDs/photos of those checking in at Palos for the dinner?
That will not be an issue

That will not be an issue
So they won't check the photos for each person to verify it is the same person on reservation? Not sure how strict they are as long as our reservation has the same number of attendees.

They do not check identifications at Palo. If they ask for names at all, it will only be to make sure to note any dietary restrictions.

The only other potential issue would be if some diners are from a room with a Platinum guests using the benefit of a free dinner. Only those in that room would get a complimentary meal.

So they won't check the photos for each person to verify it is the same person on reservation? Not sure how strict they are as long as our reservation has the same number of attendees.
My sister-in-law, and I showed up in place of my father-in-law and mother-in-law once at Palo. There was no issue. They were just confused and initially looking for them instead of us. But the switch was not a problem at all.

At our Palo dinner last week, we mixed, matched and shared- some did price fixed, others a la carte- we shared app etc. All handled without issue

I always use our $45 credit toward the antipasti tray which is not on the prefix, the pasta and a dessert. I don’t remember If it ends up costing less or more. And we get the wine package in the mdr so we order a bottle of wine from that list. It usually takes them a few extra min to get it from downstairs,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter