• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Palo brunch, toward the beginning or the end?

HeyyCali

Earning My Ears
We have three at sea days on our upcoming cruise on the Wonder. I am going to try to book Palo for brunch for my husband and me. When do you prefer to time your brunch? First sea day? Toward the end? Of course, we'll be grateful for any time slot, I'm just looking at where to aim first. I'm thinking early on since I have little ones who might not stick with the oceaneer's club for long.

We have three at sea days on our upcoming cruise on the Wonder. I am going to try to book Palo for brunch for my husband and me. When do you prefer to time your brunch? First sea day? Toward the end? Of course, we'll be grateful for any time slot, I'm just looking at where to aim first. I'm thinking early on since I have little ones who might not stick with the oceaneer's club for long.
I prefer early in the cruise.

I prefer to wait a day or so, as I found that while I wasn't really sea-sick, it did take me a full day to feel completely "settled". I would have been very disappointed if I had Palo on the 1st full sea day. We had our character breakfast that day and I wasn't really into it....YMMV.

I like both but it might work best for you to go early in the cruise just in case your kids don't like the club.
I went on the second sea day once & found that it wasn't a good idea because on the first sea day I got seasick & was still pretty unsettled that next day

early. my reason would be because its so chaotic in the food areas until people discover what the offerings are. a few days in and it gets a bit more relaxing as people have found you don't have to rush from one place to another, theres plenty.

I prefer later in the cruise. In the beginning of the cruise I find that I am always wanting to do this and that and check out that area and take part in this event etc. I am afraid that I might start that I am missing out on things if I have brunch on the first sea day. But towards the end of the cruise I am usually relaxed and happy and just go with the flow.

I would suggest the first sea day, because then if you do really enjoy you could could attempt to be waitlisted for the last sea day or something. =)
And as to wait TIME (which I think some people who have replied thought you meant,) I would choose about 11am, because that in my opinion is a perfect brunch time, and it will still leave you time in the morning to get ready and not be groggy, and plenty of time in the afternoon for all the fun activities they have on the ship!

we did one at the end of this last cruise, I wished we did it at the beginning, I was kind of tired of food by the time we did it lol

For Palo Brunch I don't care when it is done during the cruise, because it doesn't interfere with the evenings dining rotation. But now that we have experienced all of the ships with the Animator's Palate shows, I would gladly miss the first night on either the Dream or Fantasy in the evening. I do not like the first night's show at all. For us it's too distracting from the meal. We really had fun with the second showing of Animator's Palate with the guests drawings include in the show.

So as far as the Brunch goes; either early in the cruise or later or anything in-between take whatever is available. IMHO!!!

P.S. If you are on the Dream or Fantasy and have young children, do the first night of Animator's Palate. The kids will have fun interacting with the on-screen characters that show up at your table. We are adults only now when we cruise. Our one and only child is now 22 years old.

P.S. If you are on the Dream or Fantasy and have young children, do the first night of Animator's Palate. The kids will have fun interacting with the on-screen characters that show up at your table. We are adults only now when we cruise. Our one and only child is now 22 years old.
and that 22yo is miserable that you are going on vacations without him/her::yes:: Even if they are not telling you that. We still take our 25/27 year olds with us on our DCL cruises .... sometimes ;) :teeth:

Lots of good points- thanks everyone! We'll be on the Wonder with a gorgeous view of the Pacific Ocean. Keep your fingers crossed for me that we'll be enjoying the view over brunch!

we did palo our Alaska cruise on the Tracy arm morning, it was perfect they blocked off the deck in front of palo's windows so we had a perfect view

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter