Palo Brunch Times

DisneyDreamin1

Earning My Ears
I'm curious about what time you would recommend for Palo Brunch. Is the earlier time preferred (10:30) and you treat the meal as both breakfast and lunch? Or do most eat breakfast beforehand and take a later time so it's your lunch? Everything sounds so yummy that I would hate to fill up on breakfast beforehand.

It sounds like the reservations are also hard to get, so maybe you just take whatever time is available :)

DH and me have Palo Brunch scheduled for 11:30am for our October cruise on the Magic out of NYC.

I am planning on ordering room service with coffee and juice, with a light breakfast. Treating Palo more like a late breakfast with a big lunch. Whenever we do Brunches we go around 11-11:30am.

DH is a gym/workout guy. He will probably grab an OJ and Banana before his workout and save his appetite for brunch.

But 10:30 could work too, especially if you are an early or late riser. Good luck.

I debated between the 1030 and Noon times and went with 1030. I like that we'll have good pool time left after our meal.

We usually do 11/1130, and come dinner (late sitting) we still aren't that hungry and just have a soup or salad.

Enjoy!

I'm curious about what time you would recommend for Palo Brunch. Is the earlier time preferred (10:30) and you treat the meal as both breakfast and lunch? Or do most eat breakfast beforehand and take a later time so it's your lunch? Everything sounds so yummy that I would hate to fill up on breakfast beforehand.

It sounds like the reservations are also hard to get, so maybe you just take whatever time is available :)
I prefer the earliest time. I don't typically eat in the morning until then, anyway, so it works out as breakfast/lunch for me. And we have early seating for dinner.

Good point lorimay. We also have late dining ... are you still full from brunch? That Palo brunch must be good! I'm looking forward to it.

We treated it like an early lunch earlier this year too, 11:30, for our first meal of the day. One thing to keep in mind is your typical rising time on vacation, taking into account the time difference from where you live. We're on west coast time, and in the Bahamas/Caribbean it means we're waking up pretty late, so we could pretty easily skip breakfast. You might also glance through the menu of entrees you order and see if you'll be ordering the breakfast-y things or lunch-y things. I knew DH wouldn't want any of the breakfast-y stuff, and really couldn't eat the breakfast-y stuff on the buffet line (he has celiac and can't have gluten), so it made more sense from that perspective to aim for lunch-time. (Sorry for the weird terminology, LOL, not sure how else to word it!)

We book as early as possible, which is usually 10:00. By the time we are up and ready we don't have much time to kill especially if this is the night we lose an hour as it has been on our past 2 cruises. On our recent cruise I actually woke up and forgot about losing and hour. i thought I had plenty of time to kill so I went to the gym. While running I realized it was an hour later than I thought so I rushed back to the room and got ready.

With the amount of food I eat at Palo brunch I really don't eat anything else big until late dinner. I think I may have had a small icecream cone, and a bag of chips while sitting at the bar in the late afternoon. Honestly, I could have skipped dinner and still not been hungry. ;)

Last edited:
Good point lorimay. We also have late dining ... are you still full from brunch? That Palo brunch must be good! I'm looking forward to it.

Its excellent and always our favorite meal. On our cruise in May we did Palo walked the ship after brunch, then went back to cabin and binged watched movies. We never left the cabin again that day, neither of us wanted dinner, LOL

You will love it have fun!

We don't eat breakfast before -- gotta have lotsa room for brunch. And we really aren't hungry for dinner, but we still go to the MDR and have a light dinner anyway.

We prefer 10:30/11 - treat as Breakfast & Lunch (we like to linger ;)) then we're full until late seating dinner, which we usually order light since we're still recovering from Palo... #worthit

We prefer the early times. It is a leisurely meal and we are usually there 2-3 hours so we count it as lunch too. We may snack on something light mid afternoon but usually are fine until our late dinner seating.

How long does brunch typically take? I'm looking at the navigators and I know the kids will want to do Jedi Training and I'm going to attempt to set it up so DH and I go to brunch, but get out in time to get the kids to training. This is a bit off topic, but our guys are older (12 and 9) will they let them participate and or get in line if we aren't there? As in, can I tell them get in line at x time and we will meet you in line or does a parent have to be there?

How long does brunch typically take? I'm looking at the navigators and I know the kids will want to do Jedi Training and I'm going to attempt to set it up so DH and I go to brunch, but get out in time to get the kids to training. This is a bit off topic, but our guys are older (12 and 9) will they let them participate and or get in line if we aren't there? As in, can I tell them get in line at x time and we will meet you in line or does a parent have to be there?
Brunch can take anywhere from an hour to 3 hours. Depends on you.

We usually book 12:00. We have a light breakfast then have the kids eat an early lunch with room service while we get ready in the stateroom. Then DH drops them off at the kids club while I finish getting ready. He and I then meet at Palo.

We booked our cruise last minute and all the spots are taken on board. Do they keep any spots open for on board booking or do they put all the spots out for pre registration? Do we have a chance for getting a brunch spot I guess is what I'm asking.

We booked our cruise last minute and all the spots are taken on board. Do they keep any spots open for on board booking or do they put all the spots out for pre registration? Do we have a chance for getting a brunch spot I guess is what I'm asking.
Yes, DCL holds back some reservations for booking onboard. Check the Navigator you get in the terminal at check in for where/when this is and go there as soon as you board.

We usually do about 11:30. We have a very light breakfast - coffee and a bite to eat. Just enough to keep me from gnawing on DH's arm. We have late dining so by then I might be hungry or might just eat appetizers instead. We usually take at least 2 hours for brunch, longer if we're with friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter