Palo Availability - 3 night cruise

candisfl

Earning My Ears
Hi, I've been on 14 Disney cruises but my last one was 10 years ago so I'm a bit out of the loop on new policies. I just booked a 3-night cruise for my Dad and I on the Wish in November and my Castaway Club status allows me priority booking to Palo, however every seating is full including the brunch. With that said, this Sunday bookings open to everyone (75 days out). Is there a pool of seatings that DCL holds back that they release at the 75 day mark to give everyone else a chance to book? If so, I'll stay up late and try to book at midnight Saturday.

Thanks in advance!

I don't believe they hold back reservations for each booking window opening, but do hold some back for booking onboard.

The Wish has limited 2 top tables for Palo.
Hi, I've been on 14 Disney cruises but my last one was 10 years ago so I'm a bit out of the loop on new policies. I just booked a 3-night cruise for my Dad and I on the Wish in November and my Castaway Club status allows me priority booking to Palo, however every seating is full including the brunch. With that said, this Sunday bookings open to everyone (75 days out). Is there a pool of seatings that DCL holds back that they release at the 75 day mark to give everyone else a chance to book? If so, I'll stay up late and try to book at midnight Saturday.

Thanks in advance!
does anyone know if I can call customer service and request a reservation on a 3-4 top? The limit on 2 is annoying!

when you get onboard, go to the location where they do dining reservations and try to book palo. If you cannot get it, get your name on a waitlist. we were put on a waitlist one time, and they called with a brunch opening. we were surprised and we took it.

We sailed the Wish last summer. We were silver at the time and did not get Palo for dinner or brunch. As soon as we boarded we put our names on a wait list. We never got in. Many people were canceling their cruise at the last minute because you still had to have a negative test within 24 hours of boarding. So we did get a room upgrade for not a lot of money. But because it was the first year of the Wish there were a LOT of gold and platinum CC on the cruise - which is why I don’t think we got into Palo. The Palo manager did tell us that the system would not allow a group of two to book into a two-top. He seemed frustrated by this as well.

We sailed the Wish last summer. We were silver at the time and did not get Palo for dinner or brunch. As soon as we boarded we put our names on a wait list. We never got in. Many people were canceling their cruise at the last minute because you still had to have a negative test within 24 hours of boarding. So we did get a room upgrade for not a lot of money. But because it was the first year of the Wish there were a LOT of gold and platinum CC on the cruise - which is why I don’t think we got into Palo. The Palo manager did tell us that the system would not allow a group of two to book into a two-top. He seemed frustrated by this as well.
This is frustrating, especially since it is a platinum perk. I wonder if I can get a $100 on board credit in lieu of my "free" Palo dinner. The crazy thing is, I've had bariatric surgery and can barely eat a single plate food so this isn't about me. It's for him. I wish there were a way to join another group of 2 to get a better chance with a 4 top. I love Disney but they can be so petty.

We were on the Wish in June. We're Silver. Couldn't get Palo Brunch when booking window open. Tried just about everyday after that and nothing opened up. I went to Luna and was able to get Palo Brunch for the next day. With so many concierge rooms, I think it makes it that much harder to get a reservation. Then factor in a 3 or 4 night cruise (instead of a 7 or more) and that makes it worse. Don't give up. Keep trying,.

If you can’t get into Palo, you could still go to the Rose bar next to Palo for a special adult experience with your father. I have not sailed on the Wish, but the DCL website indicates the Rose may have appetizers from Enchante.

Last edited:
Palo simply can’t get the entire boat of adults through its doors in 1 day for a 3 night cruise- it just isn’t possible and with the numbers of concierge guests (& any Pearl) means even Platinum is very limited.. it’s just math.

Palo simply can’t get the entire boat of adults through its doors in 1 day for a 3 night cruise- it just isn’t possible and with the numbers of concierge guests (& any Pearl) means even Platinum is very limited.. it’s just math.

I finally got us a reservation so I finally looked at the menu and was shocked to see how their pricing structure changed. It's a bummer how they changed their menu structure, I just discovered that.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter