Palce to view Wishes OUTSIDE of the MK?

TTC, near the Ferryboat dock.
You'll have to pay for parking, but they play the music and it's a pretty good view.

I have to say SAfari Steve has it right.The ferrry slip by the TTC is great you have the backdrop of the castle with music plus you have the jump on people still in the MK.Another spot would be on the beach by the Polynesian you'd have to park in the TTC and either walk or monorail over to the Poly.

Or try the exhibition deck on the top of the Contemporary. The view is spectacular and tehy also pipe in the music. You can even see Tinkerbelle fly down from teh castle.

You will only have to pay for parking to view WISHES from the TTC if you are staying off site. Make sure you have your "Key to the Kingdom Card".

Another good spot is the dock @ Poly - Drive to POLY - Park - Tell them you are going for cocktails - 3 hours free parking - get a cocktail and walk to dock - great view and the music is also piped in!

You could have dinner at Narcossee's at the GF. The veranda is a lovely place to watch the fireworks, but you must eat there or have a priority seating. The restaurant is delicious and rather family friendly. My fiance and I don't have kids yet, but see families in the restaurant all the time.

Originally posted by IMADSNYLOVR
Anywhere with a good view that would be family friendly?

Sarah

We enjoyed the 4th floor observation deck at the Contemporary. We watched the fireworks after our Chef Mickey's dinner. The deck is on the opposite side of the hotel. When going on the deck and facing out, find a good spot on the left side of the deck so the monorail track is not in the way.

I was waiting to be seated at Ohana and caught wishes from the beach at the Polynesian in March. There is plenty of space to sit or grab a hammock. I believe the music is piped into the pool area because you can hear it coming from the resort as well as across the lagoon.

I had seen Wishes from inside the MK two nights before so it was good to see the fireworks without the music. By that time, I was hearing it in my head anyway. Had I been seated by the window in Ohana, I'm sure the view would have ben just as good.

We could see it from the balcony at our room at the GF. We were in Boca Chica on the lagoon side.:wave2:

While the observation deck at the contemporary has always been one of my favorite spots to watch MK fireworks, I din't feel it really did "justice" to Wishes. I think being off center affected the great visual effects of the choreography of the fireworks. I have not seen wishes from Poly yet, but my bet would be TTC (even though I haven't seen them from there either. It's just that they have that great center view.

The 15th floor observation deck at the Contemporary is reserved for guests dining at the California Grill.
There is a deck on the 4th floor, as mryder posted, that is open to the public.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter