Pajamas in the concierge lounge

ArtemisPhoenix

Mouseketeer
Please don’t jump on me for asking, and I’m not suggesting anything skimpy or like robes and slippers…but do we have to be fully dressed for the day before we go get coffee from the concierge lounge? Or is okay to wear pajama pants and a t shirt in the morning to get coffee? And can my kids wear a pajama set to eat breakfast in there or do they need to be fully dressed for the day?

Not sure which ship you are sailing but I'll say that this is a grey area question and not as black and white as it seems.

We had one of the one BR across from the lounge entrance on one sailing. Since if was so convenient and almost felt like an extension of the room., if I was just popping over to grab a drink or nibble to bring back to the room, I didn't see an issue with being a little more casual. If it was early or very late it didn't seem as concerning either. And sea days, being a little more casual is probably acceptable.

That said, if you are planning to be in the lounge to sit for a while or eat in the lounge, it probably makes sense to put a little more effort into getting ready. Anytime around lunch into the evening you should expect to dress up a bit (excluding appropriate swim/coverups). If it is a port day, might as well get ready also since others are going to be fully dressed and you are going to head out.

We have been on other lines where they even have some "posted guidelines" on proper attire for lounge but it can be a little more relaxed at certain times and certain days.

Hope that helps some, happy sailing!

Please don’t jump on me for asking, and I’m not suggesting anything skimpy or like robes and slippers…but do we have to be fully dressed for the day before we go get coffee from the concierge lounge? Or is okay to wear pajama pants and a t shirt in the morning to get coffee? And can my kids wear a pajama set to eat breakfast in there or do they need to be fully dressed for the day?
I wouldn't worry about the kids being in pyjamas but as an adult, I wouldn't be comfortable in pyjamas. While I don't think there is a dress code, most people are in smart casual. It's not unusual to see the Captain and other officers in there, we have chatted with many of them over coffee over the years.

It’s personal choice and how much you care what others think. I think most would be ok if you are wearing pajamas that pass as laid back vacation clothes such as joggers and a tee shirt but not straight up pajamas. There will always be those that judge, and those that pay no mind, not really sure if anyone would mind if kids are really small.

Last edited:
Well, sure, if your pajamas are lounge pants, a sports bra (for the ladies) and a t shirt with some flip flops.

No so much if they are dedicated pajamas.

Dress the kids. Teach them how to be appropriately dressed in a high end environment. This isn't Wal Mart.

I think PJ's are fine. You will be more cover up than gst in bathing suits.

Heck, MANY people wear pj's shopping. Which I think is inappropriate.
But they’re OK in a special access lounge, which people have paid lots of money to use?

Swimwear and cover ups are acceptable cruise ship attire during the day, so it makes sense they are welcome in the lounge.

Pajamas are nightwear. Would you wear them to Cabanas for breakfast?
Well, actually, I have seen MANY people wear pajama style pants and t shirts to Cabanas. In fact, I’ve seen plenty of people wear Disney printed knit/drawstring style pants and t shirts all over the ship, at various times of day. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Well, actually, I have seen MANY people wear pajama style pants and t shirts to Cabanas. In fact, I’ve seen plenty of people wear Disney printed knit/drawstring style pants and t shirts all over the ship, at various times of day. 🤷🏻‍♀️
So your answer is “yes?”

"Pajama style" pants is lounge pants, presumably? Those are in fashion and plenty of people wear them all day. Disney does not market those kinds of pants as pajamas. They market them as lounge pants. People wear those in Disneyland all the time.

We are talking about dedicated pajamas. Like the matching tight fitting sets with cartoon characters that kids wear, or the pants or boxers with one button on the fly that men wear to sleep in. A camisole and shorts with no bra for the ladies. Pajamas. That's not appropriate wear in a Concierge Lounge.

And if people are letting their kids wear literal pajamas all over the ship, I'm gonna judge them for being classless.

Well, sure, if your pajamas are lounge pants, a sports bra (for the ladies) and a t shirt with some flip flops.

No so much if they are dedicated pajamas.

Dress the kids. Teach them how to be appropriately dressed in a high end environment. This isn't Wal Mart.
Thanks for the judge mental tone there. Appreciate that. Not sure why it’s so hard to get an answer to a question here without getting a snarky response.

I’m aware it’s not Walmart. I’m trying to gauge whether it is more formal than Cabanas, where I have seen MANY people wearing what I’m thinking of, not just to grab a cup of coffee to take back to the room, but to sit down to a full breakfast. And I’m not suggesting wearing this at any time of day than first thing in the morning to grab coffee and a couple pastries to take back to the room. If it’s a giant deal that will get me and the kids dirty looks while we are completely covered and wearing Disney print drawstring pants and coordinating t shirts, then we won’t bother with the lounge in the morning. I’ll just order room service to the suite instead. The money spent on the tip will be worth not being designated “People of Walmart”.

You answered my question and I appreciate the honesty. It just could have been delivered without the snobby snark.

"Pajama style" pants is lounge pants, presumably? Those are in fashion and plenty of people wear them all day. Disney does not market those kinds of pants as pajamas. They market them as lounge pants. People wear those in Disneyland all the time.

We are talking about dedicated pajamas. Like the matching tight fitting sets with cartoon characters that kids wear, or the pants or boxers with one button on the fly that men wear to sleep in. A camisole and shorts with no bra for the ladies. Pajamas. That's not appropriate wear in a Concierge Lounge.

And if people are letting their kids wear literal pajamas all over the ship, I'm gonna judge them for being classless.
WE were NOT talking about dedicated pajamas. I specifically said pajama style pants and t shirts. And if the correct term for this style is now “lounge pants”, then pardon my incorrect term. There’s literally zero difference between some of these lounge pants and some sleep pants. Both are comfortable enough to sleep in and what my family tends to wear.

And yes, I’m already clear that you will be judgmental. That’s perfectly clear from your responses.

WE were NOT talking about dedicated pajamas. I specifically said pajama style pants and t shirts. And if the correct term for this style is now “lounge pants”, then pardon my incorrect term. There’s literally zero difference between some of these lounge pants and some sleep pants. Both are comfortable enough to sleep in and what my family tends to wear.

And yes, I’m already clear that you will be judgmental. That’s perfectly clear from your responses.

Why did you ask this question?

Seems like you know people are going to judge you for wearing what look like pajamas in the lounge. You either care what people think or you don't.

Are you looking for people to tell you it's okay so you feel justified in doing it? If someone in the lounge says something to you, are you going to say "it's okay, the DIS people said so."

We were on the Wish a week ago in Concierge. There are signs indicating that you should be dressed appropriately when entering the lounge. I assume this means that you shouldn't show up in swimsuits at the very least. There were plenty of people who came in shorts and t-shirts but I never saw anyone in pajamas. After 4PM each day the tone changed considerably and I definitely didn't feel comfortable popping in with a t-shirt on.

We were on the Wish a week ago in Concierge. There are signs indicating that you should be dressed appropriately when entering the lounge. I assume this means that you shouldn't show up in swimsuits at the very least. There were plenty of people who came in shorts and t-shirts but I never saw anyone in pajamas. After 4PM each day the tone changed considerably and I definitely didn't feel comfortable popping in with a t-shirt on.
I‘m in Las Vegas now, staying at Wynn, as nice a place as this city (or any city) has ever seen. There are signs at the restaurants after a certain hour that “proper attire is requested,” which doesn’t stop Philistines of all walks from dressing like they just fell off the turnip truck. I guess they feel if they’re paying they can dress as they wish.

Why did you ask this question?

Seems like you know people are going to judge you for wearing what look like pajamas in the lounge. You either care what people think or you don't.

Are you looking for people to tell you it's okay so you feel justified in doing it? If someone in the lounge says something to you, are you going to say "it's okay, the DIS people said so."
Good lord. I literally said in response to your first answer that I appreciated your information, even if not the way you delivered it. I also stated that we would just order breakfast in our suite rather than offend anyone in the lounge. I wasn’t asking for anyone to tell me that we could show up in whatever we wanted, I was genuinely asking what is acceptable. And “appropriate attire” is extremely subjective. So I was asking what people’s actual experience is of the generally accepted behavior in the lounge. It’s freaking Disney…I know that no one is going to kick us out or chase us with pitchforks if we roll up in full footie pajamas and bathrobes. But I do want to be respectful, so I was trying to find out from people who have been there what is accepted, not just barely tolerated.

And before you get all righteous about how people should understand what is “appropriate attire” for a concierge lounge, remember that the dress code for Palo and Remy (a very upscale environment, by any standard) now states that nice jeans and a blouse is perfectly acceptable. Most restaurants I’ve been to of that level require a sport coat for men at the very least, and a dress or nice slacks for women. I’ve never seen a restaurant like that advertising a “dress code” that says jeans are fine. Heck, “Formal Night” usually has more t shirts and shorts in the dining room than even the most casual dresses. Obviously “acceptable attire” is a bit more relaxed on DCL than what might be accepted in similar situations elsewhere. I wasn’t asking for permission or approval to disrespect the people in the lounge. I was asking (and I specifically asked not to be jumped on for asking) what is generally considered appropriate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter