Painting during park hours

TLinden16

Scotty and Ray at Jelly Rolls are the best!
I've been to the World over a dozen times, and this trip, I noticed quite a bit of painting going on around the Magic Kingdom. There were two guys in jeans and t-shirts painting the rocks outside of Thunder Mountain one morning--they had a cooler and a mess of junk just sitting by the side of the line. Then later that same morning, they were painting the fire house down on Main Street. I was a bit surprised to see them working on this stuff during the day. I don't know what kind of paint they were using over at Thunder Mountain, but the smell was overpowering.

Did anyone else see any painting going on?

Karen

We just got back and yup, we noticed painting all over the parks and the resorts. We were walking by the bus stop at Contemporary and they were painting the poles and BOY the smell was overpowering. Funny that other people noticed too.

I have to say that I would rather see them painting during park hours than it not be painted at all. In the past few years some of the regular maintainance has not been attended to as quickly in the past and it has shown.

I was just surprised to see it going on during park hours because they usually do the painting at night. I've seen wet paint signs before, but I've never seen someone actually painting. The people painting the firehouse weren't bad, but the ones that were at Big Thunder Mountain were just messy and loud.

Karen

I know that when a ride is down for improvements the workers work during the day light hours, but most of the time the painting is done after the park is closed. I hope this is not a new trend for Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter