Painted brick?

Painted brick is ugly. So is regular brick. I like stone.

Just sell your home and buy a larger one that has the layout and look you like. I mean, I can't imagine spending $300k on an addition that large. Just buy a 2 story house with the number of bedrooms you want.

A new neighborhood is being built next to ours and I've kept track of the progress. I really liked one new brick house but the next day they were painting the brick! I was like what?! I understand painting older brick for an update if it starts to look old but new brick?! It must be a thing.

Painted brick is ugly. So is regular brick. I like stone.

Just sell your home and buy a larger one that has the layout and look you like. I mean, I can't imagine spending $300k on an addition that large. Just buy a 2 story house with the number of bedrooms you want.
It's not that easy to just buy another house. For our price range we would get a house that's marginally better, probably higher taxes and it would still need work. And moving is stressful, and it's a pain. There are a lot of things we do like about our house and property. And we have a very low interest rate right now.

I agree about the brick.

It's not that easy to just buy another house. For our price range we would get a house that's marginally better, probably higher taxes and it would still need work. And moving is stressful, and it's a pain. There are a lot of things we do like about our house and property. And we have a very low interest rate right now.

I agree about the brick.

It's also not easy to live in a construction zone.

A new neighborhood is being built next to ours and I've kept track of the progress. I really liked one new brick house but the next day they were painting the brick! I was like what?! I understand painting older brick for an update if it starts to look old but new brick?! It must be a thing.

Wow so I guess this is a thing. I think this architect thinks I have bad taste.

Wow so I guess this is a thing. I think this architect thinks I have bad taste.
It doesn't matter what the architect thinks. A professional should be meeting the needs of the client. If he expressed that certain things are trending right now and floated the brick as a concept, that's one thing. Knowing it's not what you like or want is entirely another.

Painting brick should be illegal. ESPECIALLY if it is used brick which not only has lots of character, but is very expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter