Paint The night/ world of color packages

granismith

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know the cost of these packages? It doesn't say in reservations. Thanks!

Does anyone know the cost of these packages? It doesn't say in reservations. Thanks!

Aladdin's Oasis PTN dinner - $22.99 / $13.99 (adult / child)
Blue Bayou PTN dinner - $62 / $25

Carthay Circle WOC lunch - $39 / $19
Wine Country Trattoria WOC lunch - $29.99 / $18.99

Carthay Circle WOC dinner - $62 / $23
Wine Country Trattoria WOC dinner - $42.99 / $22.99
Ariel's Grotto WOC dinner - $42.99 / $22.99

source: http://allears.net/dlr/dining/menus

Are the reserved areas worth the cost? I know this may be subjective, but, for instance Fantasmic! FP's at WDW are not, as the line feeds directly into the standby, with little difference in length.

We got a spot right across from the BB reserved area - we were waiting about 20 minutes before people who bought the package showed up. That reserved area was PACKED tonight and we had lots of room. So no, not worth it at all in my opinion!

Curious if Aladdins oasis and Blue bayou viewing is the same for PTN?

No. The BB reserved seating is on Main Street in front of the Carnation Cafe. The Aladdin reserved seating is on a raised staircase area near Small World.

Are the reserved areas worth the cost? I know this may be subjective, but, for instance Fantasmic! FP's at WDW are not, as the line feeds directly into the standby, with little difference in length.

I think it depends on what kind of a day it is at the Parks. We've done the WOC package several times, and on days when the Parks are pretty crowded, it's nice to not have to wait as long and the viewing area is much less packed. If the Parks aren't as crowded, though, you can get great seats without having to pay. However, eating at the Carthay Circle is a great experience regardless (we're still eating there on our next trip even though we get FPs through our hotel package), so I'm a fan! We're doing the Paint the Night package in a couple of weeks and I'm hoping it's as good of an experience.

Hijacking here for a few questions about this......

if the show is at night (which obviously WOC is), how does it work to get the lunch package? Do you get a pass to come back later to the dedicated viewing area?

I'll be honest.... I had absolutely ZERO intention of doing anything like this.... but I got reading a newer post about the WOC dessert party and it sounded like fun.... but EXPENSIVE fun. When I mentioned it to DD, she found the WOC dinner packages.... and the DINNER is cheaper than the dessert! How nutty is that? And as WDW vets (this is only our second time to DL) we understand the need to set several hours aside to "reserve" a good spot for things like fireworks and parades. This might save us some time just spent SITTING.

I'll go over to allears.net to check out the menus, but any recommendations on which restaurant is the better option? Since lunch is obviously cheaper, I'd opt for that if it means that the viewing area is just as good.... plus it is nice to take a break mid-day when it is hot.

Is it WORTH the money (keeping in mind that the trip has a pretty tight budget) to get a good viewing area WITHOUT having to stake it out 2 hours ahead?

Thanks for any/all help with this!..............P

I'll be honest.... I had absolutely ZERO intention of doing anything like this.... but I got reading a newer post about the WOC dessert party and it sounded like fun.... but EXPENSIVE fun. When I mentioned it to DD, she found the WOC dinner packages.... and the DINNER is cheaper than the dessert! How nutty is that? And as WDW vets (this is only our second time to DL) we understand the need to set several hours aside to "reserve" a good spot for things like fireworks and parades. This might save us some time just spent SITTING.

The main reason the dessert is more expensive is that it actually has chairs to sit on to watch WOC from. All other WOC viewing is standing (except for the wheelchair area).

The main reason the dessert is more expensive is that it actually has chairs to sit on to watch WOC from. All other WOC viewing is standing (except for the wheelchair area).

Thank you for clarifying that.... I wondered what I was missing!.............P

We're going in July. I hope that the WOC dessert continues. It is expensive but by that time of the night a chair is worth the extra $!

Really appreciating this info, and hearing about the experiences of people who've done the packages before. We are going in September. I'm hoping they have the BB PtN debacle figured out before then, because right now it sounds sooooo not worth it. I haven't heard any feedback yet from the peeps in the Aladdin seating; curious about that.

An AP holder told me the BB viewing area for paint the night has moved to the area infront of the train station, and city hall?? Does anyone know if thats true?

I am still a little confused. With the PTN dinner package to you get a seat or do you just get a reserved place to stand? I am thinking a chair would be a good thing for me.

So with BB package the train station is the place you get? I'll be in an ECV, how is that going to work, if I understood another thread here there are stairs to get there. What would they do with the people in ECV and wheelchairs? I was planning on getting this package...?

Hijacking here for a few questions about this......

if the show is at night (which obviously WOC is), how does it work to get the lunch package? Do you get a pass to come back later to the dedicated viewing area?
P

All of the packages, except the dessert option, are passes to come back to a viewing area later. None of the lunch or dinner options are meant to be a meal and show at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter