Paint Color (opinions)

I would probably do what PollyannaMom said but what I wish I would do is some graphic angles - maybe lower left corner to upper right - on two opposing walls and paint lower black and upper red. Then paint adjacent walls Mickey yellow. Or something like that.

The classic Mickey colors totally work but if you are looking for some way to change it up I was wondering if you have any favorite Disney Collectibles or a favorite resort, maybe a favorite ornament something else? If so I would pull a color from that.Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 4.38.28 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-11 at 4.37.36 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-11 at 4.36.35 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-11 at 4.41.07 PM.png

Last edited:
We painted our bedroom a darker red with a mustard yellow accent wall. Realized later that it matched the Mickey sweatshirt I was wearing when I bought the colors. LOL!

We painted our bedroom a darker red with a mustard yellow accent wall. Realized later that it matched the Mickey sweatshirt I was wearing when I bought the colors. LOL!
Once upon a time, when Home Depot sold Disney inspired Behr pant colors, my bedroom was "Mickey Pants Red."

Would go away green make the room seem bigger?
Not sure what shade of green "go away green" is. My eye gravitates to greens (my favorite color) but I am horrible at picking paint colors.

Once upon a time, when Home Depot sold Disney inspired Behr pant colors, my bedroom was "Mickey Pants Red."

Not sure what shade of green "go away green" is. My eye gravitates to greens (my favorite color) but I am horrible at picking paint colors.
Go Away Green is a Disney-designed and proprietary color. It’s specifically intended to “help” objects fade into the background and landscaping.

I think that loud/very bright colors for every wall (even for a guest room) will tend to be overpowering after a time. An alternative might be to paint only one wall with your accent color, while the other walls are a light/neutral color that will blend with other things. It is usually easier to change rug/drapes or a bed spread/comforter if you get tired of it then it is to repaint an entire room.

Colors can be named anything, so I have no idea what shade of green ''go away green" would be. Perhaps if someone can post a color sample, we could comment on that.

Or try this...........snipping tool is great for copying a screen image. Colors don't always show up accruately on your PC screen. Some look too grey or yellowish to me.

I think if you use a 'green' landscape fabric to hide something outside is probably different from using it indoors. Most trees/shrubs/landscaping are some shade of green so those colors of fabrics tend to blend in better with nature. Painting trash cans green don't make them 'disappear'.

1715522549409.png
1715522658935.png

Last edited:
I am redoing a room in my house to a Mickey/Disney/Disneyland themed guest room. Finally getting to display all my Disney collectables and hang my framed prints. What color would you paint the walls?

Would love to see the framed prints to provide a good backdrop color so the prints are the highlights and not the walls.

Maybe it’s because of old shopping bags or castle turrets, but when I think of Disney, I think of light blues. I’d be inclined to paint the room sky blue and have an accent wall that’s a darker blue in the light blue color family. If you want to make it extra magical, there are some products that can be applied for a subtle sparkle overlay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter