• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paid tours *specifically Behind the Seeds*

hollylu1016

What can I say except YOU'RE WELCOME!
Has there been any update on if/when they will start opening up bookings for any of the paid tours (besides VIP). We are going 3rd week in October this year and my DS6 absolutely loves Living with the Land (we probably rode it at least 10 times back in 2019) and we’d really like to do Behind the Seeds with him when we go but I can’t find anything on if they are going to be opening up bookings by the 50th.

Nothing has been announced yet. I would hope they would have tours back by then.

That USED to be free for most of the Land pavillion's existance.
The "Greenhouse Tour", as it was originally named, was offered for free through 1995.

In 1996, the 45 minute tour was $5 for adults and $3 for children 3-9 years old. In 1997, the tour cost was raised to $6 for adults and $4 for children 3-9 years old. (Source: Birnbaum's - 'Walt Disney World - The Official Guide' - 1995, 1996 and Fodor's 'Walt Disney World for Adults' by Rita Aero - 1996)

Eventually,the tour was lengthened to 1 hour and the name was changed to the "Behind the Seeds" tour and the cost in 2017 was $25 for adults and $20 for children.

The 2021 pricing (although not currently being offered) is now $29 (plus tax) for all participants.

That USED to be free for most of the Land pavillion's existance.

I remember that! In 2000, I not only took the tour free, but I was the only guest on the tour and had 2 tour guides. I often wonder how the tour has changed, if at all, to make it worth their charging for it now.

I remember that! In 2000, I not only took the tour free, but I was the only guest on the tour and had 2 tour guides. I often wonder how the tour has changed, if at all, to make it worth their charging for it now.
Like many other things the costs for tours etc. have increased at a much faster pace than the value of the event. Disney keeps raising the costs and people keep paying whatever Disney asks, price increases won't stop people quit paying the observed prices.

The "Greenhouse Tour", as it was originally named, was offered for free through 1995.

In 1996, the 45 minute tour was $5 for adults and $3 for children 3-9 years old. In 1997, the tour cost was raised to $6 for adults and $4 for children 3-9 years old. (Source: Birnbaum's - 'Walt Disney World - The Official Guide' - 1995, 1996 and Fodor's 'Walt Disney World for Adults' by Rita Aero - 1996)

Eventually,the tour was lengthened to 1 hour and the name was changed to the "Behind the Seeds" tour and the cost in 2017 was $25 for adults and $20 for children.

The 2021 pricing (although not currently being offered) is now $29 (plus tax) for all participants.
It was also free for much of the ‘00 at least when I was at the parks maybe those were specials. Because we would always go down mid-May after commencement and alumni week. And before summer semester got rolling

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter