Paid parking is coming to WDW resorts March 2018

Will the new resort parking fees impact your travel (planned or future)?

• Not at all

Votes: 234 28.6%
  • I might consider staying off site

Votes: 245 30.0%
  • I will keep my currently booked trip, but will not stay on site after that

Votes: 161 19.7%
  • I will cancel my booked trip and stay off site instead

Votes: 37 4.5%
  • I will not be returning to Disney parks in the foreseeable future

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 61 7.5%

• Total voters
The nickel and dime or increasing revenue does nothing for the stock. DIS has not been under 90 bucks in the last 52 weeks and unless your buying large parcels at a time, you wont see much of a gain. The money grab is tied to executive bonus-period. And by moving consumer products to the parks now will mask that merchandise is underperforming when quarterlies are reported.

If we see a split-that would make a new conversation, but that hasn't happened in 18 years.

Don't forget the dividends on your stock shares.

“Disney’s incomparable collection of iconic brands and franchises continues to deliver strong returns, and we are pleased to increase our dividend to shareholders to $0.84 per share,” said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “This payment brings our total dividends for fiscal 2017 to $1.62 a share.”

Yes... we're not US guests so we still have to pay (don't do Skype or online calls as we're still not willing to give up on individual privacy) so yeah... we don't love to pay for international calls with complete futile prospects...

Yeah I wouldn't want to have to put out more money. They should have a free number for all guest or hopefully they call when you can speak to them.

People who only have landlines (yes there are still some) still have to pay for long distance.

Wow. I have been on cell phone for such a long time now I didn't realize it.

Don't forget the dividends on your stock shares.

“Disney’s incomparable collection of iconic brands and franchises continues to deliver strong returns, and we are pleased to increase our dividend to shareholders to $0.84 per share,” said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “This payment brings our total dividends for fiscal 2017 to $1.62 a share.”

Good point

I just got back yesterday. We rented a car and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge (reservation made a few months ago, so well before the Match 21 cut-off).

Of the CMs we encountered that could have/should have mentioned the fees to us, no one did - not at check-in (we did online check-in but ended up having to go to the front desk anyway, as they never texted us our room number) nor at the security posts when entering the other resort lots.

There are not separate lots for overnight and day guests. We really enjoy resort dining, which is a big reason why we rent a car. We had dinner reservations at Animal Kingdom Lodge, the Grand Floridian and the Yacht Club during our stay, as well as a breakfast reservation at the Polynesian. Each time, I (the primary guest on the dinner reservations) had to scan my magic band with security upon entering the parking lots (they wouldn't take my husband's, I think I just had the reservations as "Ariel484 and Guest" instead of "Ariel484 and Mr. Ariel484," so maybe that's why). So I'd scan, they'd tell me where guest parking was and to enjoy our meal. Never mentioned the 3-hour limit, or that I had to bring any kind of a receipt. Every time I approached security I'd say something like "we're here for a dinner reservation" so I'm not sure if they would have just let me in if I said I wanted to park and hang out or whatever.

We were definitely parked at Yacht Club for longer than 3 hours (arrived a couple hours before our reservation to walk around a bit before dinner, then did a little post-dinner stroll). I think we may have also been at the Grand Floridian for longer than 3 hours (Trader Sam's visit before dinner at Citricos).

So "how are they enforcing the three hour restriction"? I have no idea!

And sidenote: we never had trouble finding parking at any of the resorts we drove to. In September we stayed at the Yacht Club and they had some sort of conference going on - they told us to just "make" a parking spot where we could (boy was I not impressed by that!). This time, tons of open spots.

Second sidenote: I got billed for our room charges this morning, but realized I was never emailed an itemized bill. I need to look into that and make sure they didn't actually charge us to park. I also need to do a better job of keeping my own receipts in the future. :rolleyes2
Update: just got my itemized charges and they DID NOT charge for parking.

I’d sort of forgotten how much our room actually cost per night, and seeing it listed out was a wake-up call. We had a great trip and really liked our room, and while we could afford it (before anyone comes in with “if you can’t afford it maybe you shouldn’t go!” - yes, we can afford it :rolleyes2)...was it really the best use of our money? Was it really worth it? Was the value there for what we paid? We considered this trip to be our babymoon, so we splurged a bit, but going forward...I’m just not sure and I think I’ll definitely be looking at other options for future trips.

Update: just got my itemized charges and they DID NOT charge for parking.

I’d sort of forgotten how much our room actually cost per night, and seeing it listed out was a wake-up call. We had a great trip and really liked our room, and while we could afford it (before anyone comes in with “if you can’t afford it maybe you shouldn’t go!” - yes, we can afford it :rolleyes2)...was it really the best use of our money? Was it really worth it? Was the value there for what we paid? We considered this trip to be our babymoon, so we splurged a bit, but going forward...I’m just not sure and I think I’ll definitely be looking at other options for future trips.

It is crazy when you actually break it all down of how much it really all cost. It is a sticker shock for sure. When I spend a chunk of money sometimes I second guess my self and instead of saying should I have spent that much I always end up saying I could have done how many more things with the same amount of money. The love for Disney is an expensive one for sure.

It is crazy when you actually break it all down of how much it really all cost. It is a sticker shock for sure. When I spend a chunk of money sometimes I second guess my self and instead of saying should I have spent that much I always end up saying I could have done how many more things with the same amount of money. The love for Disney is an expensive one for sure.

I pulled out my vacation planning binder last week to plan a non-wdw trip. Had a quick glance at our last wdw budget and I had to do a double take on how much I paid for CBR last year, even with a room discount. We were trying to be budget conscious on that trip but I guess we felt it was worth the price of being in the bubble.

The hotel I ended up booking last week gives us almost twice the space for 2/3 of the price (closer to 1/2 if you add on wdw parking). Plus our 5th person gets a real bed not just a pull-down. Oh, and it’s long weekend pricing.

I imagine it won’t be that hard to find something similar in Orlando when our next Florida trip comes around.

Bluezy & Dachsie, just curious how much do you pay a month for your landline? Sorry to be off topic folks just wondered.

You pay it, its just worked into your monthly bill. Kind of like how resort parking used to be lol.

Ok, I should have said we aren't billed separately for long distance calls... It's a flat fee every month whether we make no long distance calls or whether we make 100 long distance calls.

Bluezy & Dachsie, just curious how much do you pay a month for your landline? Sorry to be off topic folks just wondered.

It's bundled with cable and internet...I think it's about $30. Our total package (with all taxes, fees, & equipment) is $160.

We received a call from one of the reps for the senior execs... but have not returned it.... I honestly think we may be too far gone from change to have it matter --- which has made us think that by us paying for another long distance call where no one really cares is nothing more than another waste of time that costs us money and/or time. In our past few trips we've paid for After Hours, Special events, Dessert Parties, extra events, brunches, etc... and I think that WDW doesn't care a whit! It's all more profit for them without the annoying human interaction.

If you email them and tell them a good time to call, they will call you back.

I scrolled back through recent posts and I can't find the one where the poster mentioned the freedom that has resulted from giving up the Disney bubble. I have been giving this a lot of thought and in some ways I am grateful for this parking fee. I know that sounds crazy, but I think it has allowed me to admit to myself that there are things that have been changing at WDW that I have chosen to overlook or deny. On our last trip, I was so exhausted from all the planning that I think it affected my enjoyment for the first time. So much time, so much anxiety about the best plan for getting FPs, less EMH, and so much more money spent. I don't regret it; we did have many magical moments and loved walking to F&W from the BW. But I am now taking a step back and rethinking how I am going to "do Disney" moving forward.

We will be staying off site from now on.
There is also a rumor going around now that Disney will start charging for park to park/park to resort transportation, if his happens we will never go to Disney again.
It has become next to impossible for anyone except the rich to afford to go to Disney.... how very sad for all the families with children who can’t afford to pay all these “extra charges” Disney keeps adding, it’s bad enough ticket prices jump up every single year.

There is also a rumor going around now that Disney will start charging for park to park/park to resort transportation, if his happens we will never go to Disney again.
That won’t happen anytime soon if ever. Disney would have to seriously police something like that.

We will be staying off site from now on.
It has become next to impossible for anyone except the rich to afford to go to Disney.... how very sad for all the families with children who can’t afford to pay all these “extra charges” Disney keeps adding, it’s bad enough ticket prices jump up every single year.

That's an April fool's joke...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter