Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I found this article on the whole FP upcharge rumour. Whilst I've read that some don't trust Orlando Weekly, we highly recommend that you take at the look at the forum post related to this subject - linked in the article.

It's rather detailed to say the least.

So I found this article on the whole FP upcharge rumour. Whilst I've read that some don't trust Orlando Weekly, we highly recommend that you take at the look at the forum post related to this subject - linked in the article.

It's rather detailed to say the least.

Interesting. I only read the initial forum post, but it sounds like we'll still get 3 free FP+, but likely only second tier. If we want Tier 1 attractions, we'll need to purchase the upgrade packages.

I am interested to see how they would work this at MK where there really aren't any new rides (other than Tron when it opens) and the rides aren't tiered. Do you think we could see them tiering the rides for this?

Funny, I was just coming on to post this. Saw on a website I follow.

https://ziggyknowsdisney.com/paid-fast-pass-disney-world/

The rumor I heard was that the system would remain in place with the following changes:
Fastpass + distribution for Disney's top tier rides would see there distribution change to a 60/40 format. 60% would be released to Wdw resort guests at 60 days. 40% would be sold in packages at 30 days to anyone. Any remaining fastpasses would be released into inventory on the day of the fastpass. Essentially free fastpasses will become a more of an perk for onsite guests while also giving offsite guests the ability to get difficult attraction fp+.. Disney of course gets to monetize the 30 day FP, and it is spun as a win all around.
I did hear this from an insider, but it is still a rumor and no one knows if this is coming anytime soon.

The rumor I heard was that the system would remain in place with the following changes:
Fastpass + distribution for Disney's top tier rides would see there distribution change to a 60/40 format. 60% would be released to Wdw resort guests at 60 days. 40% would be sold in packages at 30 days to anyone. Any remaining fastpasses would be released into inventory on the day of the fastpass. Essentially free fastpasses will become a more of an perk for onsite guests while also giving offsite guests the ability to get difficult attraction fp+.. Disney of course gets to monetize the 30 day FP, and it is spun as a win all around.
I did hear this from an insider, but it is still a rumor and no one knows if this is coming anytime soon.

RIP refresh method.

Would it though? If offsite guests are shut out unless they pay, I would imagine those day of ones are quickly snatched up before onsite guests can cycle through their 3.
I guess time will tell. My thought would be same FP as before would get purchased, just at 30 days instead of at 60 days. I guess what could change is less people changing plans causing a lower inventory of same day FP availability. If and when they decide to implement this I'll worry about it. It did not sound like this was something imminent.

I honestly think that would be a nice perk. They keep taking away, so it would be nice to get something back. I guess we’ll see what happens sooner or later, if anything. Thanks for sharing!

Not going to lie, if paying for FP at 30 days is less money than staying onsite I will move offsite. The resort rates at WDW are absolutely insane now.

Good point. I mean the ability to get the "biggies" is supposed to be the perk of staying on site, since they're normally gone at 30 days. But hey, if I can save $1K+ stating off site and have nicer accomodations, even if I have to pay $100ish pp to get those FP+ for our family of 4, I'm still coming out ahead. But of course it really depends on the price they charge. I'm sure they've already thought of this ^^^ and will price it high enough to still encourage ppl to stay on site.

So does this mean off site guests will no longer get 3 free FP+? Or they would still get 3 free, but only second tier unless they pay?

Also, how will this work at MK where there are no tiers? Will they be implementing tiers?

So does this mean off site guests will no longer get 3 free FP+? Or they would still get 3 free, but only second tier unless they pay?

Also, how will this work at MK where there are no tiers? Will they be implementing tiers?
Not clear. To be honest I didnt think to ask.

What about AP? I’m not going to shell out $$$ every year if I’m having to shell out even more or spend the majority of my day in a queue if I want to ride anything good ... at least at 30 days/day of there are occasionally good pulls left

For some attractions, Disney releases quantities (20+) FP at very specific times. Essentially daily, unless there are ride outages or it's Christmas week (for example).

What you talkin’ bout Willis? Are you saying that these could be the FPs that would instead be used as the paid FPs? Interesting thought...

Is there anyone at Disney now that is using the buses? Maybe you can ask one of the drivers for confirmation?

What you talkin’ bout Willis? Are you saying that these could be the FPs that would instead be used as the paid FPs? Interesting thought...

Is there anyone at Disney now that is using the buses? Maybe you can ask one of the drivers for confirmation?
tenor.gif

Not going to lie, if paying for FP at 30 days is less money than staying onsite I will move offsite. The resort rates at WDW are absolutely insane now.

Yeah, we generally stay off property due to costs so if there was a way to pay to get those top tier FPs that we are challenged to get now (assuming not an astronomical cost) it could work out well for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter