PaHunter's return to camping with cancer and as a diabetic

Last night,Sunday, it started to rain as we went to bed. great for sleeping listening to rain on the roof. Also made it very tough to get up this morning.
We started to pack up to head home, not much was out as DW was sick all weekend.

DW then noticed the top off the couch was wet, looking further valence was soaked, do out the towels came. found the leak it is the slide. hope it is not a huge problem and hoping we can get the couch dried out also. I have a fan like @tiggerdad , so that is blowing air like mad, dehumidifier going in next and Davis air drier. Drive home kicked my butt, now totally worn out. She could not drive today with the wet roads and rain.
She is headed out of town the next 3 days so will be working on emptying coach,and working on leak.

Oh good luck with the leak. We have to replace our slide seal. Hoping we can do it ourselves as repair guys seem pretty useless. We had to fix a few leaks on the last trip.

So today was a visit with my cancer doctor, nothing noteworthy. Dermatologist tomorrow, see if they can figure out what is going on.

Hands and feet painful today, some days are real good other days I can't do much as they are too painful.

Two camping trips left this year, one State Park, then another trip to Gettysburg.

Chris Here's hoping that they get a handle on what is happening sooner rather than later

My diabetic numbers have been improving, last month I was in range 85 percent of the time. Doctor was pretty happy with that. Today is my next download for them to look over. Today hopefully we can get some more answers.
Hands today not as swollen or painful, just take it day by day.

Chris, hope thee hands are doing better. I hope you enjoy your tankles hot water heater. They put me one in & I do not care for it. Hard to adjust your water temp. Still praying for you & hope your numbers improve. I always enjoyed pulling our 5th wheel. It was only 38, but have only pulled this Toy Hauler a few times & not very far.

Chris, hope thee hands are doing better. I hope you enjoy your tankles hot water heater. They put me one in & I do not care for it. Hard to adjust your water temp. Still praying for you & hope your numbers improve. I always enjoyed pulling our 5th wheel. It was only 38, but have only pulled this Toy Hauler a few times & not very far.

Thank you, hands are a day to day thing. Today feeling pretty good. My numbers looked good yesterday.
I have not gotten the tankless water heater in yet, been too hot, and so it has been put on hold for a bit longer.

Hope the dermatologist can figure out what is going on. Skin cell not agreeing with your new blood type? I can only imagine how frustrating it would be.
Yes, skin cells not agreeing with my new blood type, so now having the dermatologist on the team will be helpful. They also believe this is what is causing the hydrosis (me not sweating). They hope if they can get my skin under control, slow down making new skin, that I will also regain the ability to sweat. I hope so too as that would be a really terrible as that would cause me to be really hindered in living life.

Still praying and rooting for ya. It can only get better, but unfortunately you are on the slow route. Better luck and new horizons are on the way. And a working water heater. I really just can't imagine going through what you have been through. Stay strong.

What do you say?
I was thinking, hang in there Chris! But I know you are.
I guess it's we are thinking about you, and praying for you. I miss a lot of your updates for some reason, but I'm always there anyway. Best always!

What do you say?
I was thinking, hang in there Chris! But I know you are.
I guess it's we are thinking about you, and praying for you. I miss a lot of your updates for some reason, but I'm always there anyway. Best always!

well spent yesterday afternoon with the dermatologists. Good and bad, bad is this looks to be chronic Graft vs Host disease. The good is they believe they can get it under control. It is a huge balancing act between all my meds to help me fight and recover and these same meds being toxic to my body, ie kidneys, liver.
The hardest part is I am no longer sweating an so overheating and having a heat related emergency is a real problem for me. Also when I step in to the sun, my skin instantly starts to be painful, like being put in an oven. Using a cool vest helps some, as does the compression sleeves instead of long sleeve shirts. Hats do not bother me, so that is not a problem keeping my head covered.

Looks like we have my sugar under control with insulin, so just have to tweak it when they change meds. We have a good baseline at this time to work from.

I am closing in on my first year, somewhere about 100 days to go, and have made great strides, but have a long way still to go.

I have slacked on posting as a lot of late has been status quo. I guess it is easy to miss a loud mouth, but I do have a bunch of pictures I need to size down and get up on the board.

Planning to make the Dismeet 2024 if we have one in Orlando. I may not be perfect even by then, but that is my plan. Next year will be another year of camping closer to home as DW learns to drive and can help me out in that aspect.

I do have a bunch of pictures I need to size down and get up on the board.

Planning to make the Dismeet 2024 if we have one in Orlando. I may not be perfect even by then, but that is my plan.
Chris,

Thanks for the update. It's nice to hear how things are going, even if it is status quo. Great news on the diabetes.

As for resizing pics, try uploading them directly (unless these are .raw from your good camera). With a recent upgrade to the DIS software, it will accept large file size photos and compress them similar to social media sites. I have been successful uploading pics directly from my phone shot in 8-10K.

j

This weekend found me back in the hospital with a fever, once ER checked fever had broken. But my covid test came back positive, so here I am. No fever since then, med treatment bringing to an end. Not sure how long they will keep me. May have to move Sept camping trip again. Then see about Oct.

Chris hopefully you will be asymptomatic with the Cooties/ Hope you didn't get put on Paxlovid. On our last bout in Aug both Lucille and I were put on it and never again. Lucille experience heightened symptoms and I had major gastro intestinal discomfort. Lucille then had bounce back of the disease. We are both double vaxed double boosted and prior infected so NEVER AGAIN will we do Paxlovid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter