Paddlefish or The Boathouse?

I may be mistaken, but I don't think Boathouse has king crab. Paddlefish has king crab and snow crab legs, as well as lobster.

If you're not bound to the dining plan, probably the best lobster can be found at Shula's and bluezoo. Most WDW restaurants serve 1 1/4 pound whole lobsters (ie, puny) for around $50-$70. Shula's has 4-pounders for $95, twin tails for $82 and a giant Australian tail for $130. Any of those would be shareable. bluezoo has a 2-pound Cantonese style for $60 (my favorite, but it is fried and sauced and not a traditional steamed or broiled style). It is big enough for 2, also (or even 4 if ordered as a starter). Unfortunately, I don't think they have king crab legs at either.

a) I've been to Paddlefish twice and had poor service both times. b) However, if you want to try true king crab (the best and biggest comes from AK), Paddlefish does have it on the menu. c) Once you've had king crab, you won't ever again be satisfied with measly snow crab. d) Once you've had king crab, you might not think lobster is that big of a draw. Choices, choices.

a) I've been to Paddlefish twice and had poor service both times. b) However, if you want to try true king crab (the best and biggest comes from AK), Paddlefish does have it on the menu. c) Once you've had king crab, you won't ever again be satisfied with measly snow crab. d) Once you've had king crab, you might not think lobster is that big of a draw. Choices, choices.

True dat. Snow is the tilapia of crab. It's too bad that king crab has become so costly (even at Costco).

Thank you. I hadn’t thought of Shula’s. We’ll be at DHS and will take a break for an early dinner. I’ll take a look at their menu

True dat. Snow is the tilapia of crab. It's too bad that king crab has become so costly (even at Costco).
Lived in AK for four years and had king crab for the first time some two decades ago. My taste buds have never been the same since. ;)

Did enjoy service at paddlefish as soon as we didn't order alcohol he got crappy. We had lobster corndogs amazing.The crabfries a pound of claw meat over fresh with sauce great. Now for the mains I had past in white clam sauce it sucked bland tast like oil. My wife crabcakes BLT soggy cake limp bacon not good. We paid cash would only get apps next time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter